Official Match Thread S17 R6 - Alberton Swamprats vs Geelong Gumbies @ Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Swamprats vs Geelong Gumbies Alberton Oval

ALB: LLLWL
GUM: LWLWW

Both sides have had a less than pleasing start to S17, the Swamprats took until Round 4 to claim a victory, whilst the Gumbies had been writing the poem that is their season in a WL rhyming pattern up until they defeated the Royals last week. That win got the reigning premiers into the top 6, however they will need to win this clash in order to solidify their position. The Swamprats loss dropped them to clear bottom of the ladder, and questions are beginning to be asked.

The Last Time They Met – S16 R18

The Gumbies came into the match on a hot streak, and needed to win to keep their momentum going into the finals. For the Swamprats it was simple, win and guarantee themselves finals, lose and there was a possibility of starting Mad Monday(s) early. The Swamprats started with a bang, scoring 16 points before the Gumbies troubled the scorers. The Rats lead could have been much, much more if not for some poor converting from the club’s captain, MannumPower.

1 : 12.3 {FF} - mannumpower through heavy traffic.
1 : 12.36 {FF} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
1 : 12.4 {FF} - A snap at goal ....
1 : 12.43 {FF} - Haha mannumpower completely shanked it. Lucky to be a behind.
1 : 12.52 {FB} - Barkly St End has it. What can he do with it?.
1 : 12.56 {rBP} - An underground handpass to Covvy.
1 : 13 {rBP} - What a tackle by kickpuncher.
1 : 13.04 {rFP} - It Just Is takes off.
1 : 13.08 {FF} - Flicks it to mannumpower.
1 : 13.13 {FF} - Surely mannumpower wouldn't miss this.
1 : 13.17 {FF} - He has missed.

However, the Gumbies clawed their way back into the contest to be down by only 3 points at quarter time. The Swamprats kicked away in the second, with 3 goals in the quarter to MoOP and more missed oppurtinities from the skipper.

2 : 10.46 {FF} - Quality gather by mannumpower.
2 : 10.52 {FF} - mannumpower bounces the ball.
2 : 10.55 {FF} - Not a lot of daylight for mannumpower to aim at.
2 : 10.58 {FF} - Haha mannumpower completely shanked it. Lucky to be a behind.

Goals to Bucketss winty and A Bit High resulted in the Gumbies being ahead by 3 points at three quarter time. Meanwhile, the third quarter resulted in more of the same s**t from MannumPower.

3 : 16.08 {FF} - Quality gather by mannumpower.
3 : 16.12 {FF} - Surely mannumpower wouldn't miss this.
3 : 16.16 {FF} - The umpires are checking if that shaved the post... and signal the affirmative..

The fourth quarter was the Gumby show, the Geelong boys putting the Rats to the sword and running out comfortable winners by 26 points.

Odds
ALB: 3.20
GUM: 1.60

Teams due 2155 on Friday the 13th of December

Phew, the gumbies

i knew we needed a percentage booster but i didnt know it was going to be given to us

Phew, the gumbies

i knew we needed a percentage booster but i didnt know it was going to be given to us

Did you even win last night? I haven't checked yet. Right now though you sit last in the Power Rankings. (You meaning your whole worthless hack team) Whereas the Gumbies have strung a few wins together and are growing stronger every week.

Who may be the FB who will be the next Swampie sacked after I humiliate them in front of everyone?

Clearly states we are at Alberton Oval... You sound lost mate ;)

You must be thinking of your home ground team showers, the house of anal pain.

You're quite a quaint little Swampie. You must be the token UDL drinker in the team.

UDL? Isn't that known as Geelong champagne? I'm not getting ahead of myself yet. Plenty of time to worry about celebrating.

It's been fun but I'm stuffed after a long night of house breaks, illegal use and DUI. Gotta hit the sack to be ready for work again tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we know what it's like to be at the bottom of the table, Swampies.

we'll bring our wooden spoon from season 15 with us to Alberton so you can familiarise yourself with it

we know what it's like to be at the bottom of the table, Swampies.

we'll bring our wooden spoon from season 15 with us to Alberton so you can familiarise yourself with it

We won't need it, the good thing is we can only get better.

And we will.

Schulzenfest won't stink it up like he did against the Roys, I'd expect him to bounce back with a half a dozen or so. Anus Crack made a late appearance last night and then played well with 19 touches of the bench. Imagine what he'll do if he gets into the thread from the start. ShaunDuggan has never had two quiet games in a row*. MannumPower has never been angrier (or drunker), expect some fireworks. Our former number one ticket holder manureid needs to take his mind of the EPL season, so expect a solid game from him. wharfie_1870 , Marto_ and The Jet are all due for massive games. crazy_big_al will continue to dominate the ruck, while the old stalwarts in Macca19 , Ford Fairlane and Forzaport will assert their authority.

So, there you go. Proof is in the pudding - The Swamprats are going to improve. By a lot. In the game.

*May or may not be true.

Oh good. Teams from Alberton always do really well against teams from Geelong!

:(

Schulzenfest won't stink it up like he did against the Roys, I'd expect him to bounce back with a half a dozen or so.

You seem to have accidentally included the words 'half a' in your post.

Oh good. Teams from Alberton always do really well against teams from Geelong!

:(

You seem to have accidentally included the words 'half a' in your post.

Apologises Mr. Fest - I was erring on the side of caution with this one,don't want the Gumbies to get worried and double team you (innuendo completely unintended) from the start.

So, there you go. Proof is in the pudding - The Swamprats are going to improve. By a lot. In the game.

pudding made with the help of wooden spoon?
bth_trollface.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back