Official Match Thread S17 R07 - Fighting Furies vs Alberton Swamprats @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
S17 R07 - Fighting Furies vs Alberton Swamprats @ Punt Road Oval

fPK9Akvs.jpg
v
Z1FU08ls.jpg

It's a sad time of the year... we've all just stuffed ourselves silly full of food and alcohol thanks to Christmas and New Years now with the realisation that work, school and reality is just around the corner. Lucky for you theres one positive - the Sweet FA returns!

The Fighting Furies are struggling this season, with just a 2-4 record to date and sitting second from the bottom with only their opponents below them. They were embarrassed by the Dragons last week, conceding 21 goals to go down in a 41 point loss. League admin boncer34 tore them a new one as he bagged six majors from full forward and the focus will have to be on the defensive aspects as they average 108 points against. A win here will shoot them a game clear of the coveted spoon position and will start to put pressure on the sides above them.

Much similarly, the Alberton Swamprats are questioning their desire in their second season from a hiatus as they have just the one win in six games. They have lost their last two and scored only 4 goals and 32 points for the game last outing, as the reigning premiers in the Geelong Gumbies taught them a qootyball lesson at home. The Swamprats simply need a win here or they will be two games behind the Furies with a lot of catching up to do if they want to firstly avoid winning the spoon or sneak into the six. Has the decision to branch outside of just Port supporters removed their drive to play for the prison bars?

The Matchup:
It will be fascinating to watch how these two struggling teams try to will themselves over the line here and try to push on towards better things in season 17. With the Furies conceding the second most points this season and the Swamprats amassing just 80 points per game so far, who knows how this one could go. Amazingly enough, the Swamprats lead the league in Inside 50s yet have the worst accuracy which shows their inability to use the ball well once close to goal. Both teams have the worst free kick differential in the league which might say something about their enthusiasm to win the ball in the first six rounds.

Predictions:
Both teams are really having a tough time this season. A win here will certainly help both sides cause for going onto better things. The Furies to get one up at home here, in a scrappy affair.

Teams due by 11.55pm Friday 10 January, Melbourne time. Please tag Logger and include the words 'Official Team' in the post.

Nice write up Speck , looking forward to this match (notice I said match and not match thread). Member of One PAFC is back and we are tempted to put a furies guernsey on him when he posts just so it evens the activity up in this match thread.

Paper Tigers. Ok poll time!

What will Fury fans do after this game?

(A) Spit on their coach when he is walking down the race?

(B) Microwave their memberships during the week

or

(C) Both of the above?

What option will Eddie lock in this week?

eddied-300x225.jpg

P.S C is the answer.

Ah, excellent. The first game after the Christmas break.

After kicking some serious arse in the Rumble, I would expect to see Schulzenfest tear whoever is fullback for the Furies a new one on his way to a bag.

Other things I'm looking forward to:

• The Majestic being placed next to Anus Crack in the line up, so we have The Majestic Anus Crack..... it will make me laugh.
  • fumbler not making any sense and attempting to rid the Furies Captain at all possible times.
  • A welcome return by Member of One PAFC.
  • Noobz0r and MannumPower carving it up it the middle.
  • The old hats of Ford Fairlane , Macca19 and Forzaport putting on a posting masterclass.
  • wharfie_1870 to bring back both his game and posting form.
  • tigland to not being able to finish of the game due to having sore shoulders from carrying his team.
  • Marto_ treating this thread like it belongs it Bay 13.

Are you bitches from Albetstan ready to get schooled in Mardi Gras float making or do you want to just sit round a fire and feed me some nicely charred marshmallows?

No need to worry about whether we're ready or not, fumbles, only schooling that will be going on will be the Swamprats teaching the Furies a lesson. ;)

No need to worry about whether we're ready or not, fumbles, only schooling that will be going on will be the Swamprats teaching the Furies a lesson. ;)

Silly tassiehawks supporter.

We Furies are the greatest team in the sim world and shall use the poorest of poor clubs as a step ladder to get back to where we deserve............. Premiers is the correct answer The Jet.

Silly tassiehawks supporter.

We Furies are the greatest team in the sim world and shall use the poorest of poor clubs as a step ladder to get back to where we deserve............. Premiers is the correct answer The Jet.

When are you going to become Captain of the furballs?

This is what happened to the last fighting fury that crossed our path.

Are the swampies ready? We were born ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice ninja edit Wacky Tiger. Come game day you won't be able to change the 8 goals Schulzenfest kicks in you, unlike how easily you changed your original attempt at spelling his name.

No wonder Sarge left :rolleyes:
Spelling not my forte Noobz0r bit like cricket drafting not yours :p

Only thing you will need to spell after this game is LOSS. Pretty simple I think.
Might stick to WIN. Shorter, easier and sweeter

Only thing you will need to spell after this game is LOSS. Pretty simple I think.

You're so used to it you're at a master level.
Please do not include us in your argument with yourself on how simple you are.... thanks.

Oh goody, the FLIGHTING FURRY'S for my return. Bring it on bitches, and no running away this time ya feckin la-la's o_O
FLICK ya's all...

Looks like we only have TWO flogs to deal with in this match thread ...

banan169-408x264.jpg

Shouldn't be too difficult to dispose of the furies that's for sure.

Maybe this is the best time to introduce our Swampy cheerleaders ...

RichmondLadyRaiders003.jpg

I wonder who else will show up from Furies, not many is my guess. Sad, very sad. They've given up already :thumbsdown:

They'd be short, boring and full of failure.

Maybe documenting your career wouldn't be the best choice.

Ohhhh you're not the opposition you hurtful man. :(
Still be a great read though.

Oh goody, the FLIGHTING FURRY'S for my return. Bring it on bitches, and no running away this time ya feckin la-la's o_O
FLICK ya's all...

Are you happy that you're playing again?
Why is our club name spelt wrong?
Why the name calling?
Do you want to play tiggy?
Is that some Home and Away swearing?
What is the emoticon meant to explain?
Are you also flicking your own team?

Doesn't seem to be a return that is working out to good so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back