Player Watch 11. Brendon Whitecross

Remove this Banner Ad

Taken by Hawthorn with their 2nd pick in the 2007 draft at pick 29.

Brendan Whitecross
11:05 AM Sat 24 November, 2007 | Back

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

News
Name: Brendan Whitecross
DOB: 25/01/1990
Height: 183.3cm Weight: 79.3kg
Recruited From: ZILLMERE
Position: Medium defender
Bio: High possession winner whether in the midfield or down back. Has good speed/endurance combination, highlighted by 2.91sec for 20m and 14.10 beep test at the 2007 NAB AFL Draft Camp. Queensland U18 representative and AIS/AFL Academy graduate.

Re: Brendon Whitecross

Brendon "Swiss" Whitecross

Whitecross135.jpg

Jumper No: 37
DOB-25.1.1990
Height- 183cm
Weights-79Kg
From-Zillmere, Queensland
Pick-29 in the 2007 Draft
Hawthorn Bio
High possession winner whether in the midfield or down back. Has good speed/endurance combination highlighted with 2.91sec for 20m and 14.10 Beep Test at the 2007 NAB AFL Draft Camp. QLD U18 representative and AIS/AFL Academy Graduate.

Imagine how delirious delirious1 was when his man Brendan Whitecross the Roger Fedderer of the draft became his at selection 25?

He is still rolling around on the floor unable to communicate due to excitement as we speak! He's delirious!!

BR:thumbsu:

Re: 37. Brendan Whitecross

brenno came 4th in the 2.2km time trial and is really buckling down and showing what he's got..

he's said that the first goal for him is to get some time during the NAB cup.. so fingers crossed for him his strong training performances pay off..

Don't ask me why but i got massive feelings about this bloke.
I think he just might become a big name in the AFL.
He's very switched on, very mature for a kid born in 1990 and classified in the elite bracket with his edurance and times.
If you ask the right people, there's a mighty buzz at the club about him.

Whitecross named in a backpocket for Box Hill, in the game against Sandy. Sunday's game at Box Hill at 2pm, Ressies at 11:10. No McEntee or Dawson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will 2009 be Whitecross' year?

He has a few blokes like Muston/Stokes/Tuck to go against winning Shane Crawfords spot, but lets hope Whitecross makes a name for himself, super impressive kid, apparently doing everything right in training, lets hope he shows some signs in the NAB cup:thumbsu:

Wow! Looks great. Could he replace someone like Ladson? Ladson is a gun, but I'd say he's the worst of our remaining midfielders from the premiership team

Hiya Hawks supporters. I didn't get to see the game up here in Brisbane but Brendon is one of our local club boys (a super talented one at that!) and a very nice young man. So, please tell me, how did he go?

Hiya Hawks supporters. I didn't get to see the game up here in Brisbane but Brendon is one of our local club boys (a super talented one at that!) and a very nice young man. So, please tell me, how did he go?

Season 2009

Brendon played his first game in the senior squad against Melbourne in the NAB Cup Round 1 clash at Launceston 21.02.09, a game we won by just 3 points on the last kick of the day.

Whitecross played down back. Took a number of the kick outs using his ability to kick the ball long and accurately. Like a few others looked a bit nervous at the start but soon stepped up especially in the second. Good debut.

Finally, shows he has had a good pre season. Really built his body up for the riggers of AFL.

Season 2009

Brendon played his first game in the senior squad against Melbourne in the NAB Cup Round 1 clash at Launceston 21.02.09, a game we won by just 3 points on the last kick of the day.

Whitecross played down back. Took a number of the kick outs using his ability to kick the ball long and accurately. Like a few others looked a bit nervous at the start but soon stepped up especially in the second. Good debut.

Finally, shows he has had a good pre season. Really built his body up for the riggers of AFL.

Thanks for that, great to hear :thumbsu:

I see he's in again for this week against Carlton so I hope this is the start of a good season for Brendon.

I'm not a Hawthorn supporter (living in Brisbane and all), but since I knew Brendan Whitecross (having gone to St Patrick's College, Shorncliffe, with him - in the same grade, no less), I'll add my two cents:

- He is indeed a superb all-round athlete: he played cricket and captained the school athletics team
- He was never a very good academic, but he never really tried, either
- He despises (or despised) soccer, saying that it was a sport of prima-donnas
- Considering what I was, he was always supportive of me, even when I failed badly on the sporting field (which was, unfortunately, quite often)
- He was always committed to AFL: I remember a moment from a few years back, when Brendan and I stayed back while everyone else on the bus went to eat at Maccas - I was sick, he was adhering to his dietary regime
- While I think relatively highly of him, there were some in the grade who utterly despised him - for being 'stupid', for his apparent belligerence, whatever
- He taught me what the '69' position was, if you get my drift

...and yeah, that's about it.

I'm not a Hawthorn supporter (living in Brisbane and all), but since I knew Brendan Whitecross (having gone to St Patrick's College, Shorncliffe, with him - in the same grade, no less), I'll add my two cents:

- He is indeed a superb all-round athlete: he played cricket and captained the school athletics team
- He was never a very good academic, but he never really tried, either
- He despises (or despised) soccer, saying that it was a sport of prima-donnas
- Considering what I was, he was always supportive of me, even when I failed badly on the sporting field (which was, unfortunately, quite often)
- He was always committed to AFL: I remember a moment from a few years back, when Brendan and I stayed back while everyone else on the bus went to eat at Maccas - I was sick, he was adhering to his dietary regime
- While I think relatively highly of him, there were some in the grade who utterly despised him - for being 'stupid', for his apparent belligerence, whatever
- He taught me what the '69' position was, if you get my drift

...and yeah, that's about it.

Umm....awesome??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back