Player Watch Clinton Young 2007-12

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 45. Clinton Young

Some Clint action -

002YoungClinton5.jpg
b3fe30b7.jpg

002YoungClinton2debutvKangasagDrewP.jpg

very underrated, solid player. nothing special but he gets the job done.

his kicking has been all over the joint in recent weeks imo. i like the boy though, as soon as he gets a bit stronger in the body and keeps his pace he will be even more damaging

His father had perfect raking left foot kick to position when he played for a club called Rupuanyup. The old man played in a premiership off the half back flank as a youngster. Sometimes I think Clinton kicks like his mother. Under more pressure than his old man but his old man could kick a country mile to advantage every time.

His father had perfect raking left foot kick to position when he played for a club called Rupuanyup. The old man played in a premiership off the half back flank as a youngster. Sometimes I think Clinton kicks like his mother. Under more pressure than his old man but his old man could kick a country mile to advantage every time.

so we should pick up his father via the son-father rule?:p

Young, and restless for success

MOST people, if they’re lucky, get to meet their sporting hero at a function or a book signing or maybe even after a sports event. But for Hawthorn’s Clinton Young, the first time he clapped his eyes on his sporting hero was on the football field.

It was round 16, 2005, and the then 19-year-old was making his AFL debut. His opponent was the player he had idolised, Glenn Archer.

http://hawthornfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4742/Default.aspx?newsId=47066

Young, and restless for success

One thing Young always looks forward to, regardless of the match result, is the after-match visit from his 14-year-old brother, Lachlan.

Lachlan, who has Down's syndrome, is a popular figure around the club.

“He comes into the rooms after and he certainly livens up the place. He’s always done that, even at my old country football club. It’s great to see blokes like Shane Crawford and Sam Mitchell, when he walks in they all love him as well, so it’s a big thrill for Lachlan. I’m really proud seeing him enjoy that.”

For this reason the club supports two charities close to Young’s heart: the Mallee Accommodation Support Program (MASP), which helps disadvantaged, disabled and homeless youth within the Mallee community, and the Wimmera Parent Support Network, which supports families with disabled children who live in rural and isolated areas.

“It’s great that we can pick the charities we support. It means a lot to me that the club is behind it,” Young says.

great to hear, top effort by the club

Rexie, thanks for posting that story, a very touching one.

Young Lachlan would be very much a part of the family club

do you think it should be put on the main board?, just wasn't sure if everyone visits Hawk eye, if not i think its a good different story to those on the main board, good insight...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://hawthornfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4742/Default.aspx?newsId=49387

Let’s bounce back: Young
11:24 AM Mon 20 August, 2007 | Back
By Ben Broad
for hawthornfc.com.au
Hawks undone in last-minute Tassie thriller
Sun, Aug 19, 07
Loss ‘just a home and away game’: Clarkson
Sun, Aug 19, 07
EMERGING midfielder Clinton Young says Hawthorn won’t be focusing too closely on the outcome of the next fortnight, despite remaining in the race to secure a double chance.
The Hawks face a huge match with the Western Bulldogs this week before finishing their home and away campaign against the Sydney Swans at the SCG.

Finals debut a dream for Young
BEING part of a winning finals side is every young footballer’s dream and Clinton Young got to experience it first-hand in the most dramatic fashion on Saturday.

“It was the most amazing win I’ve been a part of, the atmosphere was awesome,” Young said after Lance Franklin’s goal from outside 50 had sealed the three-point win against the Crows at Telstra Dome.

“It was the greatest footy moment of my life so far. To play a finals game, my first one, and have a win against the odds too I guess; Adelaide is a really good finals team and it was great to come away with the win.”

Thanks, BR. Sincerely appreciated. And to HFC82 for his consideration.

My company has mentioned some involvement with Clinton Young last night due to the sponsorship. Young has an interest in working in IT after his playing career so he will be around each Wednesday for the next 10 weeks getting a feel of what we do.

He's going to be at different client sites so don't know if I'll see him at all.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/tabid/4...x?newsid=58429

Six of the best

Author: Catherine Murphy 5:30 PM Wed 23 April, 2008
Clint_Young_R508_b.jpg

Clinton Young is having to deal with the excitement being created by the Hawks

HAWTHORN’S Clinton Young grew up in a house of boys. Six to be exact. According to him, growing up with five brothers has its advantages. The 22-year-old, who comes third in the Young clan pecking order, always had playing partners, be it for footy or cricket.

In career best form is Dasher really stepping up in 2008! :thumbsu:

I come from the same area as Youngy. Know his brother Lachie. Always at the local footy, having a kick.
Great to see.

Great player to watch always. As stated before, he gets the job done.

Go Youngy.

Clinton Young was one of the 22 Hawthorn players in the win over Geelong in the 2008 AFL Grand Final.

His stats courtesy of footywire:

Clinton Young #11 Hawthorn Hawks

Age: 22yr 8mth Games: 64 Born: February 16, 1986 Height: 189cm Weight: 86kg Position: Midfield Profile | Games | Career | Splits | Fan Forum | Player Comparison

Season 2008 Totals/Averages

G K HB D M G B T HO GA GC I50 FF FA DT * SC *
Total 20 251 104 355 172 14 6 48 0 10 24 94 15 14 1,438 1,191
Average 20 12.6 5.2 17.8 8.6 0.7 0.3 2.4 0 0.5 1.2 4.7 0.8 0.7 84.6 70.1

* Dream Team (DT) and Supercoach (SC) stats only include regular season games. GA - Goal Assists, I50 - Inside 50s, GC - Goals Contributed (Goals + Goal Assists)
2008 Statistical Rankings
Ranked 9th in Total Marks Ranked 10th in Inside 50s Per Game
Ranked 6th in Marks Per Game

Season Highlights
21 disps (14 kicks 7 hballs), 8 marks and 2 goals in Preliminary Final 54-pt win over St Kilda at the MCG (20 Sep 2008)
20 disps (13 kicks 7 hballs), 12 marks and 4 tackles in Second Qualifying Final 51-pt win over the Western Bulldogs at the MCG (5 Sep 2008)
22 disps (17 kicks 5 hballs) and 12 marks in Rd 12 4-pt win over Adelaide at AAMI Stadium (14 Jun 2008)
18 disps (15 kicks 3 hballs), 9 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 11 51-pt win over Essendon at Telstra Dome (7 Jun 2008)
26 disps (16 kicks 10 hballs), 8 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 4 44-pt win over Adelaide at Aurora Stadium (13 Apr 2008)
21 disps (18 kicks 3 hballs) and 13 marks in Rd 2 15-pt win over Fremantle at Subiaco (29 Mar 2008)
22 disps (19 kicks 3 hballs), 15 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 1 104-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (23 Mar 2008)
Season/Career Highs

2008 Highs Career Highs
Disposals 26 v Adelaide, 13th Apr 2008 30 v Brisbane, 31st Mar 2007
Kicks 19 v Melbourne, 23rd Mar 2008 21 v Richmond, 18th Jun 2006
Handballs 10 v West Coast, 24th Aug 2008 * 13 v Adelaide, 7th Jul 2007
Marks 15 v Melbourne, 23rd Mar 2008 15 v Melbourne, 23rd Mar 2008
Goals 2 v St Kilda, 20th Sep 2008 * 2 v St Kilda, 20th Sep 2008 *
Tackles 5 v West Coast, 27th Jun 2008 * 7 v Sydney, 2nd Sep 2007 *
Hitouts 0 1 v Collingwood, 1st Jul 2007 *

* Season/career high achieved two or more times. Match shown is the most recent game when season/career high was attained.

Hawthorn re-signs last of its premiership players

HAWTHORN yesterday signed the last of its premiership stars, including veteran Shane Crawford and match-winner Stuart Dew. The Hawks finished negotiations with the last five unsigned players on their list before the start of pre-season next week.

Brent Guerra, Clinton Young and Josh Kennedy also re-signed.

The club still has room under its salary cap, which means it should be able to keep its stars.

Young was close to best on ground in the first half of the Grand Final before suffering an ankle injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back