• Position:​
    Midfielder
  • Games:​
  • Goals:​
  • Avg Kicks:​
  • Avg Marks:​
  • Avg Handballs:​
PLAYER ASSESSMENT

Dashing and versatile midfielder who wins his own ball. Can also run and carry on the outside, is good one on one on the inside and a neat user of the ball by hand and foot. Was in terrific form for Victoria Country in the AFL Under 18 Championships before injuring his leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one of the great football tragedies that Ling is no longer a Geelong player and that some incarnation of Michael Long in not in this draft for Geelong to grab with their second pick. Imagine the link-up through the middle!

Cannot believe it - no Acres, no Dunstan, no Dumont, no Gardiner, etc - and this guy is skinny at 77 kgs and not all that tall at 181 cm.

I really thought in the end it would be Acres - I know nothing about this guy

Footage immediately brought Bartel, Pendlebury and possibly a shade of Mitch Duncan to mind. Dual sided, kicked comfortable goals from either foot. Looks to have 'time'; not especially quick but doesn't appear that he needs to be. Wells, you old shark. While all all the lesser sharks are milling around the side of the boat fighting for scraps, you've ducked round the stern and plucked a juicy fisherman off the transom.

I am now used to being a shocked by Wells' selections. They generally are pretty good and he is a home grown lad so GFC should know a lot about him. But wow - better than Acres or Dunstan ?

I am sure many of us feel like the Grundy / Thurlow situation has come again but I have come to terms with that selection and can see Thurlow being a good player for us. Hope I feel the same about Lang in 12 months time.

He will not play senior footy if his stats are anything to go by. Will have to make do with a VFL Premiership in his first year at Catland.

Footage immediately brought Bartel, Pendlebury and possibly a shade of Mitch Duncan to mind. Dual sided, kicked comfortable goals from either foot. Looks to have 'time'; not especially quick but doesn't appear that he needs to be. Wells, you old shark. While all all the lesser sharks are milling around the side of the boat fighting for scraps, you've ducked round the stern and plucked a juicy fisherman off the transom.

yeh same and I also thought of Milburn with his calmness strolling out of defense but then in the second half of the video we see him play in the middle and he looks impressive.
Luke Ball was a player mentioned on google who Darcy is likened to but happy with this one myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back