Last Game Played: Round 19, 2021 (omit)

Injury Status: n/a

Last edited by a moderator:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
He's been a genuine A grader for 2 years now he's just been getting serious injuries in the second half of the last two years.

He's over whatever was troubling him in May.

rines

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Zaka won a BF and was heading for A grade status when injury cursed the last two seasons..

He has A grade potential and we are seeing that now.. *could* jump into the very top echelon of players in the league if he continues to work and stays injury free.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Who was the last Essendon player who got 30+ disposals in 4 consecutive games?

Browne Eye

Team Captain
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
He's been a genuine A grader for 2 years now he's just been getting serious injuries in the second half of the last two years.

He's over whatever was troubling him in May.

Bomber said that they were working with Zaka on some other parts of his game - possibly defensive aspects - that took away his dash for a bit.

If we had won on the back of those two goals he kicked on the weekend, they would have been easily the second best highlight of his career.
So which ANZAC Day are you excluding, 2013 or 2009?

Sep 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aussies, Bushrangers
Know that it hasn't really been put in issue but I think that Melbourne performance was better than ANZAC Day 2013 because of his intensity and the back to the wall situation.

I agree. I was at the game and he single handedly gave us a shot at winning. We need more statements like that every quarter of every game from various players.

I agree. I was at the game and he single handedly gave us a shot at winning. We need more statements like that every quarter of every game from various players.

Or just Zaka is fine if he does it every week.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Know that it hasn't really been put in issue but I think that Melbourne performance was better than ANZAC Day 2013 because of his intensity and the back to the wall situation.

It was great to see someone lead from the front when the game was willing in the absence of Jobe. Hopefully it becomes a regular occurrence.

Back