1995 - B. Harvey
1994 - A. Rocca
1992 - D. Fletcher

A few misses, but the hits are generally good serviceable hits.]
Get McRae!

Fossie 32, Oct 23, 2012 Report
Share Tweet

Last edited:

Jackson is now 191cm and 85kg's. We're building an impressive bunch of mids. One things for sure, clubs are going to be sore after playing us. Combine him with Stringer, Bonty, Crameri, Griff, Koby, Jong and to a lesser extent, Grant and Young who can both go into the middle for short stints. All of these blokes are about 190cm and at least 85kg's, that's a fu**ing scary midfield group.

I'm developing a serious man crush on this guy. He's become more attacking, already kicked more goals than last year, just keeps getting the ball everywhere and is so calm and collected. The comparisons to Pendlebury are premature but certainly not that far fetched :thumbsu:

Is it the best game a 19 year old has played? We've seen better seasons, but I doubt we'd have seen many better games.

I'll admit I was a bit of a Macrae skeptic when we drafted him, but I've been thoroughly impressed with him from day one of his first pre-season, and I can't wait to see what he can do over the next few years alongside the likes of Bontempelli, Stringer, Hrovat, Hunter, Honeychurch, Smith, Dahlhaus and the like. Glad we're not going to be looking back on the 2012 draft and sighing. Nailed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to think it's because his team-mates have lifted & Macrae focusing on doing more team things
watching him closely last year & one notable difference is how much more Macrae bumps & blocks for team-mates now
And tackles much more. Has become a better defensive worker, but that shouldn't deter statisticians from his output.

Actually has the lowest "drop off" from the whole list. A victim of setting the bar so highly for himself, but it also shows how there was no obvious candidate to pick this season. Has to be seen as positive :)
I did see that, but why even bother mentioning him then? There are others who have barely dropped off and they got mentioned undeservedly. I'd rather see the example as being a player who has really lost form this last year (Stevie J, Ballantyne) instead of Macrae who is gunning it. Anyway, I'd just love to keep seeing him perform well for the Dogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back