Past #11: Michael Firrito - did #11 proud - 2017 assistant coach at Strathmore FC w/ HMac & Narni

Remove this Banner Ad

Where? AFL website doesn't seem to have it or am I missing it?

Of course they don't. They'd barely know he exists.

He's only played over 200 games and is one of the best and most loyal clubmen in the history of the game as well as a fantastic player in a variety of roles, but yeah, he gets nothing.

You can probably tell I love the spud. :$

I wouldn't say it "Deserved" a week.

Based on previous stuff a fine IMO unless he was on two strikes.

Laughable the sling tackle on LT was described as "legal" if in the field of play, what tosh, sling tackles are not legal full stop.

Not looking at the ball, punched a bloke in the head and left bruising.

On the lower end of the scale but I just don't think we need blokes getting punched in the head.

I wouldn't say it "Deserved" a week.

Based on previous stuff a fine IMO unless he was on two strikes.

Laughable the sling tackle on LT was described as "legal" if in the field of play, what tosh, sling tackles are not legal full stop.
He needed to be looking at the ball to have had it downgraded IMO, was also that fraction late. But yes, I've seen players fined for worse.

Of course they don't. They'd barely know he exists.

He's only played over 200 games and is one of the best and most loyal clubmen in the history of the game as well as a fantastic player in a variety of roles, but yeah, he gets nothing.

You can probably tell I love the spud. :$

The actual wording on the site is along the lines of "selwood slapped with one. Zac gets 2 and a roo with 1"

Less respect than Zac bloody Dawson

He needed to be looking at the ball to have had it downgraded IMO, was also that fraction late. But yes, I've seen players fined for worse.

I love Spud, especially when he plays within his limitations.

Haven't seen the incident but he's been living on the edge this year, hasn't he? I remember him mistaking the back of someone's head for a football at Etihad. Was it against the *Bombres? There was another late "spoil" to the head at Etihad on the city side iirc, maybe against the Cats.

He'll be straight back in. I've got him pencilled in for Stringer or Dickson when we play the Dogs.

He did hit Buddy in the back of the head. Copped a fine for it.
yep, and a similar incident shoukd result in a bigger fine, then suspension....

Carlton medical report unhelpful, wow, thats a surprise

Carlton doctors being shady? Never.

geoffrey-edelsten-doctor.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's our logical replacement? Tippett? Macmillan (if fit)? It's a shame the likes of Durdin/Nielson/EVW all got ruled out this year, this would've been a golden opportunity to debut one of them.
JMac is no chance. Tippett it is.

Who's our logical replacement? Tippett? Macmillan (if fit)? It's a shame the likes of Durdin/Nielson/EVW all got ruled out this year, this would've been a golden opportunity to debut one of them.

I would have thought Hansen comes in. Assuming we're confident his hips are up to it. Loogie hasn't been setting the world on fire in the magoos, but he's senior player so should be fine if fit.

If not fit, then Loose would be the logical next choice.

Hansen seems likely to come in for Spud. What will be interesting is if our backline functions well and we win, will Spud struggle to regain his spot? Brad's been reticent to make unforced changes during our winning streak since he's been back.

Interesting that Drew admitted the club was going to rest Spud for a match sometime between now and round 23. Worked out perfectly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back