Past Sam Kerridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been in our best 22 ahead of David Mackay and Van Berlo even after his interrupted season. As I've said a few times on our board, a 188cm mid who runs all day, is a good tagger, has good disposal by hand and foot and can kick a goal. He's a good chance to bite us fair on the ass. Im confident he'll have a good career with you guys. Our selection policy makes it hard for guys like Kedge to build games, so don't let that stat dampen any enthusiasm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't the Adelaide people be nice to us, they've got betts, Menzel and Jacobs off us for next to nothing in their eyes

Why wouldn't the Adelaide people be nice to us, they've got betts, Menzel and Jacobs off us for next to nothing in their eyes
More that we'd actually like to see Kerridge come good.

Don't think you'd find many of us on the Geelong board in the Dangerfield thread, similar to Gunston with Hawthorn or Tippett with Sydney :p

Not that it means much, but his career highs are as follows:

Disposals: 27
Marks: 11
Goals: 6 (vs Norf :D )
Tackles: 8
Supercoach: 143 (vs Norf :D )

He's not always going to get such numbers, but he clearly has the talent and ability on his day. Menz for example has never had more than 20 disposals (17), slightly different players though of course.

This is absolutely right - but Kedge and Menzel are very different players - and they are both going home. Apparently Menzels Mum is absolutely over the moon.

When Sam's on song and fit he's superb. And yes I'm one of those Adelaide posters really sorry to see Kedge go. But he needs the opportunities you guys can offer that we can't. He's left well, is a good kid and we genuinely wish him a great, long career at the Blues. (And he's a peace offering for Triggy;)).

Best for next season - will watch with more than a bit of interest. :)

Last edited:
The amount of talent we have given the crows in recent years is definitely deserving of several beers. As one poster said CFC the Crows Feeder Club. Hopefully this bloke plays consistently for many years to come. And will cry if they name the other pocket in Adelaide after Menzel. Good luck Sammy K.

This guy represents the blueprint of what carlton are looking for. 100% professionalism. I dont have a problem losing elite (but soft) talent, if we replace them with hard , tough, fit ,100% goers. I expect this guy to play all games next year barring injury, and show some of our other players howits done. I know we have been there before ie when CJ arrived and he led by example, but I feel we were in far worse shape then than we are now and there are some youngsters coming through that will really benefit.

Been pretty excited to have this guy as I feel barring injury, he'll be a real asset.

As some of the Crows fans saw him as, he could be that really solid reliable player week in, week out with enough talent and X factor that can pull a ripper game out of his behind once in a while (Norf knows what I mean).

I'm not sure Menzel is soft, it seemed to me that he has a fragile body that doesn't allow him to perform consistently.

I also thought that he was more so frustrated by his injuries and body issues, rather than what looked to be a bad attitude.

Could be wrong though.

i really like this kid. think its a steal. maybe not as flashy as menzel but a lot more effective. sanderson used him as a tagger and i think it stunted his development. Can be a very effective onballer who can play forward and find a goal. good ball user and great engine. give him a full season in seniors and he will step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back