#12 Jackson Trengove

James23

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2005
West Lakes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Re: Jackson Trengove

^ Cos one of your own players said his club was better than another one? I thought that'd be an obvious thought to most players regarding their own team

Natman

Norm Smith Medallist
RIP Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 5, 2004
Grange
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
No others are worthy

^ Cos one of your own players said his club was better than another one? I thought that'd be an obvious thought to most players regarding their own team

Lighten up precious - that is exactly why the poster is laughing

SYDpower

All Australian
Apr 8, 2004
At the end of the Rainbow
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

Like what I saw in the footage of him and the two interviews he has done so far indicates a boy of character. Give him time to fully get over this injury (which Port seem to) and we have a gun player. (Remember Judd was also in doubt when picked due to his shoulder injuries)

captain b_rad

Draftee
Apr 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I really like the look of this bloke, reckon he'll be a great player for us.

Apparently Trengove (according to one of Ford Fairlane's match reports on 5/12/08) is a running machine for a bloke that apparently has had a crook leg. A tall bloke who can run all day and likes getting under the oppositions skin:thumbsu: you beauty!

I can't wait to see these tall potential ruckmen / KPP develop and play over the next couple of years, especially Trengove and Lobbe

Is Trengove likely to get any gametime this year?? Hows his injury going??

from reading our training reports he is being treated very carefully and is easing into everything. i don't believe he has done any competitive work yet. As for game time I would doubt anyhting in the first half of the season thats for sure. I'm hoping Port keep taking the cautious path with this kids as he could be anything. Wouldn't be surprised if his whole year is simply spent on rehab and strengthening, getting him ready for 2010. i'm assuming your asking purely from a DT perspective?? If so then there are other players in his price range that are more likely to have gametime.

Power Pete

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2008
MORPHETT VALE
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC MAGPIES - NRL DRAGONS
12 Jackson Trengove

11-02-2009086.jpg

Re: 12 Jackson Trengove

Just noticed Jackson is now listed as "test" on our injury list, meaning he should be playing very shortly.

Can't wait for this boy to play!

Great news! :thumbsu: Mind you, given his reputation and our tribunal record this year, I wonder how many games he'll play. :eek: Ah well, you really have to machine gun someone to get matches in the SANFL. ;)

^ With J.wess also on the LTIL, there's still the possibility to upgrade any rookie, so thompson may get another call up if his form demands it. Although, meyer and stewart are going alright as well.

My guess is trengove will have limited game time in reserves. Hopefully he plays and gets through ok.

Mr Magoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2005
West Lakes
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/75978/default.aspx

Draftee Trengove nears return

By Katrina Gill 4:48 PM Thu 30 April, 2009

DRAFTEE Jackson Trengove could play for Port Adelaide Magpies' reserves side this weekend in what would be his first game of football since suffering a career-threatening hamstring injury nearly 10 months ago.

Trengove, 18, was touted as a top 10 prospect ahead of last year's NAB AFL Draft, but slipped through to the Power at selection 22.

After tearing his hamstring from the bone in a Vic Metro training session in June, Trengove had surgery to reattach the tendons but suffered another setback when his foot became limp.

The Calder Cannon had surgery again to discover that the nerve had been bruised rather than cut and was expected to make a full recovery.

Placed on the long-term injury list shortly after arriving at Port Adelaide, Trengove was gradually eased into training and recently joined his teammates for full sessions.

Coach Mark Williams said he was excited by the opportunity to see Trengove play his first game since arriving at the club.

"Everything that we see from (first-round draft pick) Hamish Hartlett, Jackson has got too," Williams told portadelaidefc.com.au.

"He’s got that intensity and that desire. He wants to be something and it won’t be a lack of trying on his part that stops him."

Williams said the club's support staff had played a crucial role in Trengove's comeback from his injury.

"The doctors and physios have spent countless hours looking after him and then our fitness staff—Cam Falloon, Andrew Lulham and David Arnfield—have done the work to get him back ready to play," Williams said.

"The coaching staff have been good in being easy on him. We didn’t want to create too much anxiety for him, being a high draft pick, but at the same time his work ethic and belief in himself has helped get him to where he is.

"Hopefully now he can move forward because it’s been a pretty dark time for him. His confidence is not completely there given that he’s spent a long time out of the game and is coming back from a major injury, but I think he’ll only grow from here."

portadelaidefc.com.au

Anyone think round 8 is too ambitious?

Just a little, he young, spent 10 months out of the game with serious injury, the last thing we need to do is rush him and risk him at 18 years.

I would imagine 1 month in the reserves, 6 weeks at seniors (If he gets picked) and see how he goes from there.

He may not even play this year once Hoff is back. Unlike others I am excited by him but I hope he becomes a forward for us and not a back. Chappy and Bob should be our backs and we really need a forward, he can be the man.

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
Just a little, he young, spent 10 months out of the game with serious injury, the last thing we need to do is rush him and risk him at 18 years.

I would imagine 1 month in the reserves, 6 weeks at seniors (If he gets picked) and see how he goes from there.

He may not even play this year once Hoff is back. Unlike others I am excited by him but I hope he becomes a forward for us and not a back. Chappy and Bob should be our backs and we really need a forward, he can be the man.

My heart's with you Rick but my head says the man made his name as a backman and as such should be a square peg put in a square hole. He may be good enough hopefully to prove me wrong.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Any word on how this guy's going?

Some recent results have got me thinking about the future a bit, and this guy, if he stays fit, could be a very, very important part of it.

Any word on how this guy's going?

Some recent results have got me thinking about the future a bit, and this guy, if he stays fit, could be a very, very important part of it.

4th best for the Port reserves on the weekend. Check the SANFL Power threads for updates on best players, goal kickers (league and reserves) and stats (league only).

The Port website also does its weekly SANFL wrap where it covers the form of all Power players in the SANFL.

Jack Trengove is an on-baller playing at Sturt. Different player, almost the same name.

DRAFT day last year and Jack Trengove’s mobile phone was beeping.

``Congratulations’’ the text messages read. Problem was, Trengove had nothing to be congratulated on.

He hadn’t even nominated for the draft because he was too young.

But earlier that day, Port Adelaide Power had drafted a promising 18-year-old named Jackson Trengove with pick No.22 and people from his former town, Naracoorte, had their wires crossed.

``I got a few phone calls and messages from people back in Naracoorte saying `well done’,’’ the Sturt youngster said.

``And I had to say, it’s not me, it’s the other Jack Trengove.

``I haven’t met him yet but it would be a bit weird - especially because Trengove isn’t a very common surname and we’re not related.’’

If you believe the hype, Trengove will join his namesake in the AFL later this year. Some are tipping he’ll go first round of the draft.

http://eastern-courier-messenger.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/jacks-double-act/

Back