Delisted 12. Jesse Stringer (2010-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree with you that Sherringham and Simpkin were as impressive. I recall the coach saying at the time Stringer's issues cropped up that he was disappointed from a football perspective as Jesse was in our best 22.

It makes for interesting banter, but in the end the people who know best have seen fit to elevate him despite some yet to be resolved issues. I'm more than comfortable with that.

He almost certainly would have played over half the season in the seniors (12+ games), had he not received his club suspension. I'm not sure what more he could have done on the field in 2012 to earn promotion. I'm also happy for him to get a chance to make amends for his indiscretion (whatever the full story is and it's likely we'll never know).

He was OK, but nothing more than depth for me. Sherrignham and Simpkin were equally as impressive. For me, I think Burbs, Walker and Eardley have the most value long term, with the addition of Caddy to our mids and hopefully injury free years to Christensen, Duncan and Hunt, we will have our mid rotations settled.

The club regards him to be better than Sheringham and Simpkin. They believe he has, unlike the other two, the ability create time and space for team mates at the stoppages.

The club regards him to be better than Sheringham and Simpkin. They believe he has, unlike the other two, the ability create time and space for team mates at the stoppages.

I agree. Its the time he seems to find in traffic that they like. Has a bit of toe over the first 5m as well.

A very good upgrade.

One thing in particular I like about Stringer is his recovery. If he's beaten, he's back up and tackling with intent...a bit of pace, tough and hard. And not afraid to get in and under. He just needs a bit more bulk and also needs to work on his disposal.

Like you guys, I think he deserves his chance. High hopes for a bloke who has had an interrupted couple of years in terms of his preparation. With a full pre-season under his belt, we might see a lot more of this fella.

I agree. Its the time he seems to find in traffic that they like. Has a bit of toe over the first 5m as well.

A very good upgrade.

Yes, it's this talent that gives him the edge over the others; he finds a way to get out of the pack into clear space himself, or to get the ball out to others in clear space.
Something you can't learn 'em.

Yep Reg watched that game as well on Fox and it made me realise we need a decent big ruckman. We lost stoppages and centre clearances all night. Not bagging West as he had 3 rucks to compete against just that it showed how we need a big bloke who wont get pushed around all the time and can take a good grab down the line when we kick it long.

Would a fit McIntosh/Vardy/Simpson have made a difference? If your answer is yes, well then next year is starting more positively already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back