Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Thomas ticks engine over (groan)

"Goalsneak Lindsay Thomas has improved his strength and fitness base and will resume full contact training drills in the coming weeks.

The 26-year-old has been carefully managed this pre-season after sustaining a foot injury in round 17 last season.

Thomas said he is aiming to be fully fit for North’s first pre-season opener against Adelaide in his home town of Port Lincoln.

“I’ve been in rehabilitation since December so I’m probably another three or four weeks away from joining the main group,” Thomas told NMFC.com.au."

Surprised they didn't say that Thomas was building his tank. :rolleyes:

Anyways all you NMFC and LT lovers, article on the NMFC website.

jess_1804

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

"Goalsneak Lindsay Thomas has improved his strength and fitness base and will resume full contact training drills in the coming weeks.

The 26-year-old has been carefully managed this pre-season after sustaining a foot injury in round 17 last season.

Thomas said he is aiming to be fully fit for North’s first pre-season opener against Adelaide in his home town of Port Lincoln.

“I’ve been in rehabilitation since December so I’m probably another three or four weeks away from joining the main group,” Thomas told NMFC.com.au."

They're usually pretty good with the puns, let a major one slip through! Did anyone actually know he had a foot injury though? I assumed it was his knee. o_O

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's

Thanks for the heads-up:)

Thought I'd quote this bit," Now in his ninth year at Arden Street, the 180cm forward is just one goal shy of reaching the 250-goal mark – a milestone only 16 other Roos have achieved – but there’s another personal achievement he holds very dear".

And good people can still find fault?

Only 16 other players, how many over the last 80 odd years have we put through our fwd line?

Thought I'd quote this bit," Now in his ninth year at Arden Street, the 180cm forward is just one goal shy of reaching the 250-goal mark – a milestone only 16 other Roos have achieved – but there’s another personal achievement he holds very dear".

Only 16 other players, how many over the last 80 odd years have we put through our fwd line?
They would find fault if he scored 50 goals a season just because he didn't kick 51. [/super cynicism]

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
They would find fault if he scored 50 goals a season just because he didn't kick 51. [/super cynicism]
Yeah but he could have kicked that one if he wasn't ignored by the umpires because he'd previously dived.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
Yeah but he could have kicked that one if he wasn't ignored by the umpires because he'd previously dived.

You guys are naughty, you do realise this could turn nasty :p

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've said it before, but personally, I like how Lindsay is ridiculed by the outside, it makes me love him even more. No matter what anyone says, in my mind he is an absolute gun, so it's laughable everytime I hear someone cursing his name, just sit back and enjoy it.

May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lindsay is in close contention to be my favourite player once Boomer retires (in forty years time or so). Is he perfect? No, but nobody is (including me). He bleeds for the guernsey and never stops playing his heart out. Gotta love him. How about that ridiculous head first dive into the ground that could've snapped his neck? incredible courage. But no, people just play one bad diving incident over and over and think that defines him as a player. Just plain silly.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Best small forward in the league. Enough said.
Semantics I know, but i would say Thomas is more of a mid-forward. Because I put him in that category I think players like Breust and Wingard and others are better in the same role. Take nothing away from Thomas though, he's still a damn fine footballer and one of my favourites.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lindsay is in close contention to be my favourite player once Boomer retires (in forty years time or so). Is he perfect? No, but nobody is (including me). He bleeds for the guernsey and never stops playing his heart out. Gotta love him. How about that ridiculous head first dive into the ground that could've snapped his neck? incredible courage. But no, people just play one bad diving incident over and over and think that defines him as a player. Just plain silly.

I like him, but when assessing the annoying things he does, it's more than one dive

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Semantics I know, but i would say Thomas is more of a mid-forward. Because I put him in that category I think players like Breust and Wingard and others are better in the same role. Take nothing away from Thomas though, he's still a damn fine footballer and one of my favourites.

Quoting just for the boss avatar, great album!

May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
And yet oddly enough it's Ballantyne and Breust getting AA caps while guys like Lindsay and Eddie get cheated.
Look at the muppets who pick the AA team. Thomas was screwed by the selectors in 2013 when he was clearly the single best small forward and they gave his spot to a midfielder and part time forward in Wingard.

R192014ThomasLeap.gif

Bloody diver:thumbsdown:

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I was one who defended LT back in 2012......I always said he was the best pocket I've seen in my time following the roos since the 70's. Just the player who gets under the skin of opposition players.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just wish he could get up the ground and get an extra 3-4 possessions a game. Always feel confident when the footy is in his hands going forward. He is one of those players that always makes something happen!

I've often ridiculed him for his staging, mainly because it's not the team thing to do but it's really the only fault in his game. Is a genuine game breaker these days. He showed how damaging he can be against the cats in that first quarter!!

Back