Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

His commitment can not be questioned as he always puts his head over the ball and backs into traffic.

However he cost us dearly tonight, the handball to Roughead who popped it over his head was dumb, but dragging breust down who was closer to our change rooms than the goal when it wasn't needed, is literally the difference between winning and losing tonight. Dumb decision by Mark, which turned a tough shot into a certainty and we lose by 4 points.

His commitment can not be questioned as he always puts his head over the ball and backs into traffic.

However he cost us dearly tonight, the handball to Roughead who popped it over his head was dumb, but dragging breust down who was closer to our change rooms than the goal when it wasn't needed, is literally the difference between winning and losing tonight. Dumb decision by Mark, which turned a tough shot into a certainty and we lose by 4 points.
You ******* kidding me? Those goals were clearly not his fault. The 50 was clearly not there, hell, I'm not even sure he marked it. And the handball wasn't a handball. He got stripped in a tackle and the diving ranga piece of s**t was lucky it fell into his breadbasket.

How much has Bags improved since 2013? He is defending very well which has never been an issue, but has greatly improved the attacking element of his game.

Having a lock down defender that can also attack from the last line has changed the dynamic of our backline I reckon. If they were to give the most improved award after 3 rounds this bloke would get it imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much has Bags improved since 2013? He is defending very well which has never been an issue, but has greatly improved the attacking element of his game.

Having a lock down defender that can also attack from the last line has changed the dynamic of our backline I reckon. If they were to give the most improved award after 3 rounds this bloke would get it imo.
And then there's that tan!

And to think he was a skinny half forward when he first arrived at Frankston Park all those years ago.

And to think he was a skinny half forward when he first arrived at Frankston Park all those years ago.
Andrew Mackie and Brent Guerra were HFFers as well

I remember thinking or saying that this guy was effectively a younger/cheaper model of Slattery, and I meant that as a good thing.

I severely underestimated him; he almost never loses a contest, and he's on track to emulate Hibberd in an attacking sense.

Bloody hell I'm glad we didn't let him go to Carlton.

I remember thinking or saying that this guy was effectively a younger/cheaper model of Slattery, and I meant that as a good thing.

I severely underestimated him; he almost never loses a contest, and he's on track to emulate Hibberd in an attacking sense.

Bloody hell I'm glad we didn't let him go to Carlton.

No doubt young Mark agrees with you there.

Mr Reliable. Tell him what to do, and he'll do it.

Playing great and I'd imagine him to be one of Bomber's favourites. Hard as nails, competitive beast, decent dash and skills improving all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back