Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing great and I'd imagine him to be one of Bomber's favourites. Hard as nails, competitive beast, decent dash and skills improving all the time.

In the 'Coaches corner' video somewhere on youtube. Bomber gives out high praise to Baguley, saying just this and calling him "reliable".

So much better than I thought. Early days I though he was Henry Slattery mark 2. Others said that too. Wrong were we!

I know he has been a lot better this year but the sooner he is replaced by a greater option the better we will be as an AFL side.

Does dumb things and never seems to keep his feet. Has given away what, 3 free kicks against now? its only half time..

Best option we have in the back pocket at the moment, but hopefully we can replace him soon enough

I know he has been a lot better this year but the sooner he is replaced by a greater option the better we will be as an AFL side.

Does dumb things and never seems to keep his feet. Has given away what, 3 free kicks against now? its only half time..

Best option we have in the back pocket at the moment, but hopefully we can replace him soon enough

I was saying on the GD thread he's having an absolute shocker

Unlike that Melksham fella who constantly got out of the way of high balls.
That was not his problem tonight, took 1 or 2 high balls iirc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bags and Hibbo becoming the best 2 small defenders in the league imo.
lol no. Brodie Smith, Kade Simpson, Paul Duffield, Andrew Mackie, Corey Enright, Jarrad Harbrow, both Shaws, Grant Birchall, Jasper Pittard, Sean Dempster, Nick Malceski and Shannon Hurn are all better than Baguley at the very least.

lol no. Brodie Smith, Kade Simpson, Paul Duffield, Andrew Mackie, Corey Enright, Jarrad Harbrow, both Shaws, Grant Birchall, Jasper Pittard, Sean Dempster, Nick Malceski and Shannon Hurn are all better than Baguley at the very least.

Could be one of the best small defensive combinations in the comp?

(each one of those are individual teams bar Mackie & Enright at Geelong or Malceksi & R.Shaw at Sydney).

Not the first half. The second half he was one of our best.
Yeah, fair call.

I thought he pretty much stood between us and defeat in that second half. He turned back attack after attack- admittedly made easier by the Giants' disposal going into the forward line being terrible.

Could be one of the best small defensive combinations in the comp?

(each one of those are individual teams bar Mackie & Enright at Geelong or Malceksi & R.Shaw at Sydney).
Even if that's the case I'd have them behind Sydney (including Smith), Geelong, Fremantle (Duffield and Spurr) and maybe Port (Jonas and Pittard)

Baguley made a few mistakes but he did a LOT of great things as well. Those intercept marks he had were incredibly valuable. I just love the way he goes about it. Hard, disciplined and consistent. He's the kind of player that can go under the radar a bit - but he's pretty much the only quality shutdown smaller defender type that we have (Ashby could develop into one though). He's also improved his decision making/disposal which helps a lot too.

I wonder where he would be in the b&f so far this year. Considering he's played all games I'd definitely be thinking top 10 at least.

Even if that's the case I'd have them behind Sydney (including Smith), Geelong, Fremantle (Duffield and Spurr) and maybe Port (Jonas and Pittard)

Id argue that Sydney's small defenders are Rhyce Shaw and Nick Smith. Id also vehemently argue that our duo are on par, if not better than Fremantles, Ports and could be on par with Geelongs (not what they have done but are doing).

Id argue that Sydney's small defenders are Rhyce Shaw and Nick Smith. Id also vehemently argue that our duo are on par, if not better than Fremantles, Ports and could be on par with Geelongs (not what they have done but are doing).
Malceski>Shaw. Malceski and Smith. They're not. I like ours, but we're currently behind right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back