Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

So Buddys bump where he went past the ball to bump his opponent got a week and this goes straight to the tribunal???

I'd stick with Cooney and let him play a midfield role, he showed some good signs around the contest yesterday, yes he shanked a few out of bounds on the full..

But it's not like Essendon are contending for top 8 currently and they need someone like him who can change the game with some run through the wings and to slice through the corridor..

Doesn't make sense to go to tribunal. Seems pretty obvious. Elected to bump therefore intentional, head High contact, either medium or high impact. 3 weeks down to 2 weeks with early plea due to no existing bad record and we're done.

Needs to find his range with disposal and looks like he's playing self preservation football - bit selfish -or perhaps trying too hard. He's had an injury interrupted season so some of that can be forgiven.

Looks to be playing with energy at least and isn't jammed in second gear like much of our midfied.

I'm not writing his value to the club off just yet.

Anyway Cooney could get 3 weeks or even 4 weeks.

The saving grace of Cooney's game, was that I've been calling for him to play mainly midfield, and he won the ball with ease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we the only club using adrian Anderson? Thats 2 from 2 for him with us. This one especially being some absolute amazing bit of arguing to get it down to 1. Didnt even plead guilty.

I do wonder how bad that injury he got early in the year really was.

He started the season very well for us. That's turned out to be fleeting in a whole season and in hindsight, maybe drafting him was a poor choice- in fact, it probably was- but I like Adam as a guy and I think it's a shame his form has gone in the direction it has.

I do wonder how bad that injury he got early in the year really was.

He started the season very well for us. That's turned out to be fleeting in a whole season and in hindsight, maybe drafting him was a poor choice- in fact, it probably was- but I like Adam as a guy and I think it's a shame his form has gone in the direction it has.

To be fair the WADA stuff has affected him and Chappy as well. I'm sure they were told this was all over when they joined and we'd be pushing into September seeking success. Early days when this was a live chance Cooney was good. Since it's all gone crap his motivation is lacking. To make matters worse for Cooney Bulldogs are pushing top 4...

Reported on MMM adelaide we may pay out his contract.
Also stated fletch chappy and winders will not play again.

I doubt its validity but this info was taken from other site who heard the radio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back