Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Reported on MMM adelaide we may pay out his contract.
Also stated fletch chappy and winders will not play again.

I doubt its validity but this info was taken from other site who heard the radio.

I would be surprised if the club didn't get fletch up for a sendoff game in r23.

On ess website they say they're hopeful 2-3 more weeks and he can play a game.

I doubt its validity but this info was taken from other site who heard the radio.

Youth, youth, youth. K33N

******* LOL if we pay out his contract the year after trading our second draft pick for him.

******* LOL if we pay out his contract the year after trading our second draft pick for him.

Yeah I don't think that show has been right on a lot of things. Then again, if the club has identified the mistake Id rather them correct it and get him off the list instead of wasting resources on him.

Hope we get two more years with him in the midfield, we need a player like him to find form, especially with so many others struggling for form..

His experience is required and I have more faith in his game then in quite a few other senior players..

The Brownlow factor is also important, it may not be overly relevant now, but that sort of experience is welcomed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooney and Zaharakis are both players that only bob up, when a team is playing well. IMO
You need all sorts i guess.
Besides, if Cooney had kicked straight he would have had a killer game.
With Fletch, Chappy and Licka all leaving, i don't mind having Cooney around next year at all. Would like to see him managed like Licka in 2014 where he gets preemptively rested every 3 or 4 weeks. Or otherwise, i wouldn't mind him and Howlett sharing the sub role.

We finally get some luck at the tribunal and it is for a player that most of us want out of the team for the next four weeks anyway.

We got lucky when Baguley successfully challenged his one week suspension - of course how baguley and Cooney could both get one week is hard to understand.

The MRP should have done the deal 3 weeks reduced to 2 and it's all done. It's rare that I think an EFC player got off lightly but this is a joke. The Gold Coast obviously think he's been so poor it's a bonus he's out there...

Imagine Giants players mouthing off. You would think the most insignificant manufactured club in Australian sporting history would know better.

They might actually win something, and so that would make them 2nd most insignificant. GCFC have the total monopoly on insignificance, measured in Barretts, per square metre.

They might actually win something, and so that would make them 2nd most insignificant. GCFC have the total monopoly on insignificance, measured in Barretts, per square metre.

Square metres? They probably still use links and chains on the gold coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back