Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep - send Henderson up there with Yarran should get job done - and throw Warnock in for steak knives.
Anything is possible, we sent Josh Kennedy to the WC Eagles, when he really did not want to leave. The clubs are businesses, so emotion and sadly to say loyalty is thrown out the window, decisions are made to do what is best for business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Yarran "might" stay.
Wasn't really expecting Macca to say that on SEN this morning.

Seems to verify what many have said.

He wants out (he should have plenty of suitors) but at the end of the day he is contracted to the club for another year.

We'll do what we can to get a fair trade for him, but if there is nothing forthcoming, we're under no obligation to move him on for less than what we believe him to be worth.

Seems to verify what many have said.

He wants out (he should have plenty of suitors) but at the end of the day he is contracted to the club for another year.

We'll do what we can to get a fair trade for him, but if there is nothing forthcoming, we're under no obligation to move him on for less than what we believe him to be worth.

Ryan O'Keefe did the same thing a number of years ago and he ended up playing out his career with Sydney.
There's no reason why Yarran can't do the same after some time away from the club and spending some time with his friends and family in Perth.

I understand that we arent trying to do a Shane Rogers but ... I can't believe some people are believing and reading into Maccas comments about Yarran possibly staying ... this is despite Yarran quitting the club and putting up a public status thanking everyone for his time at Carlton.

.... we must sound like that pathetic and deluded ex- that despite being cheated on, abused and publicaly humiliated still thinks that "its not over".

Ryan O'Keefe did the same thing a number of years ago and he ended up playing out his career with Sydney.
There's no reason why Yarran can't do the same after some time away from the club and spending some time with his friends and family in Perth.

Yep, and the pick that Sydney wanted from us (pick 6) landed us Yaz.

I can't believe people are believing McKays rubbish about Yarran possibly staying ... this is despite him quitting the club and putting up a public status thanking everyone for his time at Carlton.

.... we sound like that pathetic and deluded ex- that despite being cheated on, abused and publicaly humiliated still thinks that "its not over".

Disagree.

We are told we are going to lose out on Hendo because he's out of contract.

We are told we are going to lose out on Yaz because he's ... in contract!

This is not a relationship, it's business. We have a contract, and an asset, and it has value.

Yep, and the pick that Sydney wanted from us (pick 6) landed us Yaz.

Even though it looks very likely Yaz will leave, i'm very pleased we never made that deal.
And the irony is that Sydney wouldn't sign off on the deal.

I understand that we arent trying to do a Shane Rogers but ... I can't believe some people are believing and reading into Maccas comments about Yarran possibly staying ... this is despite Yarran quitting the club and putting up a public status thanking everyone for his time at Carlton.

.... we must sound like that pathetic and deluded ex- that despite being cheated on, abused and publicaly humiliated still thinks that "its not over".
Its called a contract..Macca is saying the only way we will let Yarran go is if we get what our perceived value for him is...

we're being abused if we let Yaz walk for bugger all - he's in the middle of a fixed term contract, he can't just quit on his own terms. if we're not happy with the deal then he stays with us, otherwise we're letting Yaz walk all over the club

I don't know if I'm prepared to put up with another 12 months of Yarran's petulance and he ends up leaving anyway for a bag of twistes and a can of coke

I don't know if I'm prepared to put up with another 12 months of Yarran's petulance and he ends up leaving anyway for a bag of twistes and a can of coke
If he stays it's in his interest to perform, and by default also Carlton's. Another year like this and there won't be too many clubs willing to offer up decent coin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back