Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah you're kidding yourself. Yarran can ask to be traded. That the club could simply deny such a request shows how little power he actually holds in this situation.
In that situation, yes he holds little power, but if Carlton are the ones shopping him around, as they appear to be, while they look to gain more early picks to rebuild then the power swings back to him as he can veto a deal that sends him to a club he isn't happy to go to. This is why IMO if Yarran does leave, it won't be for the full value you guys(the fans) want for him, given his poor form this year, and it won't be for peanuts(what opposition fans want to pay), but a reasonable deal that gets Carlton some value. I suggested a couple of weeks back that a deal where Carlton gets our first pick & second pick, while sending Yarran and your second pick to us, which was seen as a win-win deal for both clubs.

However with us now becoming more involved with Treloar our first pick might be off the market for Yarran, but our second or a good fringe 22 player, not Lennon, maybe a McBean/Astbury/Griffiths type could be what gets done given Carltons need for KPPs.

In that situation, yes he holds little power, but if Carlton are the ones shopping him around, as they appear to be, while they look to gain more early picks to rebuild then the power swings back to him as he can veto a deal that sends him to a club he isn't happy to go to. This is why IMO if Yarran does leave, it won't be for the full value you guys(the fans) want for him, given his poor form this year, and it won't be for peanuts(what opposition fans want to pay), but a reasonable deal that gets Carlton some value. I suggested a couple of weeks back that a deal where Carlton gets our first pick & second pick, while sending Yarran and your second pick to us, which was seen as a win-win deal for both clubs.

However with us now becoming more involved with Treloar our first pick might be off the market for Yarran, but our second or a good fringe 22 player, not Lennon, maybe a McBean/Astbury/Griffiths type could be what gets done given Carltons need for KPPs.
why do you say that Carlton is shopping him around?

Just saying, Yarran would not have gone through a medical without your club fully endorsing it.
I reckon that this is GuesSEN at their finest. It would be illegal for your club to get Yarran in for a medical BEFORE the end of the season.

Unless there are actual pictures of Yarran entering and leaving Richmond, I would call bullshit on this.

You hope. You dont know how bad the relationship is. Plenty of players have been traded for less than value due to internal circumstances.
They are usually traded at the end of their contracts Morro. If they do get traded during the middle of their contract, they get traded for what the club holding the contract wants or they don't get traded. They don't have to accept s**t trades for a quality player just because some other club thinks that they can turn him around.

They are usually traded at the end of their contracts Morro. If they do get traded during the middle of their contract, they get traded for what the club holding the contract wants or they don't get traded. They don't have to accept s**t trades for a quality player just because some other club thinks that they can turn him around.
I agree in most cases but would you agree it depends on on how fractured the relationship is?

Agree mate, I was not actually saying you did lose anyone, but I will leave it here. I don't want to upset anyone further as some seem to be getting a little emotional.
getting a little emotional... nah... getting a bit pissed off with idiots who think that their team can come and rip us off because we are a basketcase.

But no problems... on ya bike mate. I'm busy checking the scores of Bitchmond vs #Norf as two teams endeavour to be the worst team entering the finals. Bitchmond tanking like crazy to make #Norf go to Adelaide after #Norf rested most of their first team in an effort not to go to Adelaide :D

What a bunch of ******* losers.

I agree in most cases but would you agree it depends on on how fractured the relationship is?
Pretty hard to have a fractured relationship with a new coach that you haven't even met yet.

It depends on the cause of the fractures. I don't think that there are as many fractures between Yazz and the club as some people are trying to make out. Yazz has had Eddie in his ear all year about moving to Adelaide I reckon, his GF took a job in Sydney and they broke up. Add in the fact that his other two mates were kicked out of the club for disciplinary reasons, it could be that he is just disillusioned with life at the moment and it is affecting him.

Thinking about it, the breakup could have been the reason behind the clash with Chappy. Chapman gets in Yazz's head about his missus off up to Shitney and Yazz just snapped about it. God knows I have wanted to clip a few people on the jaw over a few of my ex's

Actually Yarran has all the power. Players under contract have to sign off on any deal, so if Yarran isn't happy to go then he can refuse and stay at Carlton and get paid for sitting in the VFL then go to the club of his choosing in a years time.

Although that's unlikely to happen.
He goes now for a first round pick or he stays and goes in 12 months time and we get a band 1 compo pick.

IF he wants out, he nominates the club he wants to go to, it is in the best interests of the club he wants to go to to arrange the best possible deal to get him. IF that club can't satisfy Carlton with a trade deal, then he has the option of staying at Carlton and getting on with his life or he accepts that he has to go to a club that comes along with a deal that makes Carlton happy.

Thats if he really wants out of Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great. Top 10 player for a premiership contending side.

Well worth a first round draft pick.
Worth two first round picks if they reckon that Yazz is going to be in their top 10 players.

He goes now for a first round pick or he stays and goes in 12 months time and we get a band 1 compo pick.

IF he wants out, he nominates the club he wants to go to, it is in the best interests of the club he wants to go to to arrange the best possible deal to get him. IF that club can't satisfy Carlton with a trade deal, then he has the option of staying at Carlton and getting on with his life or he accepts that he has to go to a club that comes along with a deal that makes Carlton happy.

Thats if he really wants out of Carlton.
You won't get a band 1 compo if he plays VFL most of the year.

If the club Yarran wants to go to can't get a deal done because Carlton are unrealistic/unreasonable then he can stay get paid well in the VFL then get picked up for free by that club in 12 months.

So it's in Carltons interests to be reasonable if he wants out this year and get a decent if somewhat reduced deal and move on rather than hang on to a player who doesn't want to stay.

why do you say that Carlton is shopping him around?
Because that was the whisper that went around before the media started to talk about him leaving.

You won't get a band 1 compo if he plays VFL most of the year.

If the club Yarran wants to go to can't get a deal done because Carlton are unrealistic/unreasonable then he can stay get paid well in the VFL then get picked up for free by that club in 12 months.

So it's in Carltons interests to be reasonable if he wants out this year and get a decent if somewhat reduced deal and move on rather than hang on to a player who doesn't want to stay.
He has actually said that he would like to stay at Carlton next year. The new coach has approached him and has said that he wants him to stay at the club.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.

I do know this... if he stays next year, he won't be playing in the VFL.

more likely the media started the whisper.
What... you mean the media starting a rumour then suddenly reporting it as news... wow... who would have thought that they could sink so lo............. oh wait a sec

Damage obviously already done. Many more people at a club than the coach
Obviously hey? Can you please show us where this damage between Carlton and Yarran has been said or even implied?

Seriously, do you even know what Yarran's issue has been this year? I can tell you it wasn't with Carlton, and Carlton have been very supportive of him through this time!!

So many Richmond supporters with so many "facts". Lol!

Obviously hey? Can you please show us where this damage between Carlton and Yarran has been said or even implied?

Seriously, do you even know what Yarran's issue has been this year? I can tell you it wasn't with Carlton, and Carlton have been very supportive of him through this time!!

So many Richmond supporters with so many "facts". Lol!

Wow. It's pretty well known. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Most of your own supporters are aware already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back