#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injury or no injury Yarran will play of H/B.

It seems there is no love at all for two very promising young forwards in Rioli and Butler.

Most it seems think Yarran will play fwd why i have no idea. FFS Yarran was recruited to fix the so called lack of run of h/b. It seems we did not have any players capable of performing this role. We lack run out of there but it seems people want to ignore this and think Yarran can play forward.

The rest seem to think Lloyd is the answer yep a bloke who could kick a few in minor leagues but does not have all the attributes to play as a modern small fwd.
I dont get it we lack players who can not apply pressure in the forward half mainly because of a lack of pace. We try Morris there to our detriment, a bloke who at least can chase tackle and haraass despite being poor in almost every other area. Yet the slow Lloyd is the saviour. A bloke who can kick the odd goal but is poor in every other area. If you could combine their attributes you might if ypour lucky end up with a good player.

We have two kids who tick all the boxes, not half of them but all the boxes to play the sml fwd role. Pace agility goal sense and good skills. Plus a defense set to their games they chase hard, run down players, lay tackles and make it damn hard to run the ball out.That is both the offensive components and the defensive components.
Yet the preffered option for many are deficient players like Lloyd who like Morris can only provide half of the equation.
Are people really so naieve that they think the lloyds of this world are the answer.

When the older blokes clearly lack all of the attributes for the role play the kids who do have the attributes. Over the last 3 or so years we have forgetten what is to play kids and how important it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is such a beat up.

The Ox hates the Tigs always pays out on us. Today him and his co-host talk rubbish about the fact he has a calf injury "probably because he wasn't fit enough when he arrived".

Give me a spell!
Couldn't be further from the truth.

1. The Ox has a big soft spot for the Tigers - just ask him
2. He wasn't having a dig at the tigers one bit - he was directing his comments squarely at Yarran for not turning up in the shape required etc

Couldn't be further from the truth.

1. The Ox has a big soft spot for the Tigers - just ask him
2. He wasn't having a dig at the tigers one bit - he was directing his comments squarely at Yarran for not turning up in the shape required etc

I have never heard him say something positive about the Tigs and he is the first to get into us. Last year early on he rated Melbourne higher than us.

Serial Richmond hater who hides behind "having a soft spot for the Tigs".

I call rubbish on that.

This is such a beat up.

The Ox hates the Tigs always pays out on us. Today him and his co-host talk rubbish about the fact he has a calf injury "probably because he wasn't fit enough when he arrived".

Give me a spell!
I disagree. We have all seen the pics, those pics sure look like hes about 10kg over weight. Injury or no injury there is no excuse for letting yourself go.
Most likely he did his calf because he let himself go.

Anyone else concerned?
Was concerned the moment they said they wanted him.
How did it go, hmm we lack run off hb and we think Chris will fix this, we just have to get him.
His attitude at Carlton over the last 12 months was terrible everyone spoke about it. You would think he would do everything in his power to dispel that. Instead he comes back looking like the michelin man.

Good on ox for being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back