Not open for further replies.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Couldn't be further from the truth.

1. The Ox has a big soft spot for the Tigers - just ask him
2. He wasn't having a dig at the tigers one bit - he was directing his comments squarely at Yarran for not turning up in the shape required etc

I love you brother but im with amcre here. I have even heard him admit he does not like us.

I like OX as a bloke but IMO he is as about as sharp as a spoon. Yarran come to us injured, carlton basically cut him off rehab wise when Yarran told them he wanted to go to us. IMO I would bet tiger_of_old really small, tiny pecker that yarran will play round one.

Tango67

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree with Yaz and Rioli fwd
I think C.Ellis, B.Ellis, Menadue, Macintosh, Cotchin, Drummond or even Chol could play HBF but a fwd line
With Yaz, Rioli, Jack, Vickery, Lennon and Lids is a quality 6 with balance of speed, height and smarts.

Another thought is could Chol play on a wing? He is big, fast and good skills?

F. Yaz Vickery Rioli
H. Lennon Jack Lids
C. Macintosh Martin Chol
H. Houli Mcbean B.Ellis
B. Grimes Rance Vlastuin

I have never heard him say something positive about the Tigs and he is the first to get into us. Last year early on he rated Melbourne higher than us.

Serial Richmond hater who hides behind "having a soft spot for the Tigs".

I call rubbish on that.
He's on record saying that he hates the Tigers the most

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
I think Schwarz should worry more about his own performance on SEN 1116 in the mornings with Francis Leach rather than Yarran’s. Good grief that show is struggling BIG TIME. Schwarz can barely construct a sentence that anyone can understand. Geez he’s dumb. Its cringe worthy listening to him.

Who makes these host decisions at SEN ? Gaze is another example of a poor decision. Stephen J Peake ? Gimme a break. Peake must be doing it for free…he has to be.

People need to chill on chol with expectations

Chol has a long way to go to play AFL. Yarran just has to get fit and motivated to be one of our better players. If we can do that, get him fit and motivated, he could be a game changing player. I'm hopeful, but fully aware Yaz's recent track record sucks BIG time.

ScallyWag1

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2008
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
I have never heard him say something positive about the Tigs and he is the first to get into us. Last year early on he rated Melbourne higher than us.

I call rubbish on that.

Last year he picked us to win the flag! All the other "experts" made fun of him about it all year..

He said this morning: “You can’t turn up to pre-season a peppermint patty when you’re trying to prove yourself at a bloody good club that has got real strength over the ground."

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Last year he picked us to win the flag! All the other "experts" made fun of him about it all year..

He said this morning: “You can’t turn up to pre-season a peppermint patty when you’re trying to prove yourself at a bloody good club that has got real strength over the ground."
And he is spot on. People should be pissed of with Yarran but instead defend him.

SumTingWong

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, NY Giants, NY Mets
I agree with Yaz and Rioli fwd
I think C.Ellis, B.Ellis, Menadue, Macintosh, Cotchin, Drummond or even Chol could play HBF but a fwd line
With Yaz, Rioli, Jack, Vickery, Lennon and Lids is a quality 6 with balance of speed, height and smarts.

Another thought is could Chol play on a wing? He is big, fast and good skills?

F. Yaz Vickery Rioli
H. Lennon Jack Lids
C. Macintosh Martin Chol
H. Houli Mcbean B.Ellis
B. Grimes Rance Vlastuin
Are you smoking it or injecting it?

I call rubbish on that.
There was a period last year when he openly picked us to win the flag. I've been listening to SEN for years and I'd have to disagree that Ox is a serial hater.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I love you brother but im with amcre here. I have even heard him admit he does not like us.

I like OX as a bloke but IMO he is as about as sharp as a spoon. Yarran come to us injured, carlton basically cut him off rehab wise when Yarran told them he wanted to go to us. IMO I would bet tiger_of_old really small, tiny pecker that yarran will play round one.
You need the win.:p

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Schwarz should worry more about his own performance on SEN 1116 in the mornings with Francis Leach rather than Yarran’s. Good grief that show is struggling BIG TIME. Schwarz can barely construct a sentence that anyone can understand. Geez he’s dumb. Its cringe worthy listening to him.
Whats the odds him lasting the year out?

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
There was a period last year when he openly picked us to win the flag. I've been listening to SEN for years and I'd have to disagree that Ox is a serial hater.

My theory on that is he builds us up to watch us crumble.

Anyway on Yaz he should be good. Didn't look to bad in the chan 9 vision. Would love to see him kicking sausage rolls against Carlton in round one, but would prefer to make sure his calf is all good.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I disagree. We have all seen the pics, those pics sure look like hes about 10kg over weight. Injury or no injury there is no excuse for letting yourself go.
Most likely he did his calf because he let himself go.

Was concerned the moment they said they wanted him.
How did it go, hmm we lack run off hb and we think Chris will fix this, we just have to get him.
His attitude at Carlton over the last 12 months was terrible everyone spoke about it. You would think he would do everything in his power to dispel that. Instead he comes back looking like the michelin man.

Good on ox for being honest.
Did he calf because he was over weight? So what's the excuse for the really fit blokes.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I heard this on SEN this morning, bit of a beat up as they probably have nothing worth talking about, preseason started how long ago? How is this news now all of a sudden.
I think they are right and wrong. Turning up out of shape, yes its his fault, but because he is still injured and can run much he cant get the conditioning he needs so its a doubled edged sword. Have a look at buddy, he is the same but no mention anywhere.

May 13, 2015
Spotswood Campus
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍Ophidian Old Boys🐍
I think they are right and wrong. Turning up out of shape, yes its his fault, but because he is still injured and can run much he cant get the conditioning he needs so its a doubled edged sword. Have a look at buddy, he is the same but no mention anywhere.
Thats because his replacing goodes as a protected species

Hope I'm wrong but I reckon it's fair to assume Yarran just doesn't love footy.
Everyone thinks his heart wasn't in being at Carlton but there is every chance his heart isn't in footy full stop and we will paying him out for a career that splutters to a miserable end.
As I say, hopefully wrong.

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Hope I'm wrong but I reckon it's fair to assume Yarran just doesn't love footy.
Everyone thinks his heart wasn't in being at Carlton but there is every chance his heart isn't in footy full stop and we will paying him out for a career that splutters to a miserable end.
As I say, hopefully wrong.
Jeez, RD, I sincerely hope you're "R-O-N-G wrong" on this.
He wanted to come to Richmond and I think he'll be happy with us and play good footy as part of a great team and club.
Imagine playing for Carlton ... that would be enough to "give you the blues".

have a RHG

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2007
Berwick Hot Springs
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NY GIANTS, Yankees, Spurs
I heard this on SEN this morning, bit of a beat up as they probably have nothing worth talking about, preseason started how long ago? How is this news now all of a sudden.

Ox comes out and blasts him the same day the HUN runs a story... case closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back