Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
Sad day but the right decision, a true NMFC warrior. I have vague memories of an early game he played against Sydney. Remember thinking we hit the jackpot here. Also think his chronic shoulder issues shouldn't be forgotten. He was a tackling machine early days.

After I did my Achilles I would walk the 1000 steps at Mt Dandenong, Patch was coming back form a knee reco he was running up and bloody down very committed. He can walk away knowing he gave it his all.

lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
At his best, Patch was one of the team's most important players, with maybe the fiercest attack on the ball of all players in the team, and as a player that brought a great deal of defensive pressure to bear. You have many things to be proud of, Patch, thank you for your contribution to our team.

Well done Patchy, you've made the right decision. The brain injury risk is not worth the handful of games you may have squeezed out before they caught up with you.

Could have been one of been a great HF if the injuries hadn't started taking their toll. Always knew that you'd get 100% when Patch stepped out on the field.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
will miss ya Patchy, the ultimate clubman.

Always have a lot of respect for players who are limited but get the best out of themselves with true grit and desire.

You could never fault his effort.

I look forward to his 6 sons playing 200 games each and winning 8 flags at north!

Page8383

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didnt know this.

Underrated player. I was always a fan of his - Followed him since Vic Metro captaincy days.

A real footballer's footballer.

All the best Leigh - Thanks for your service. Never left anything on the field.

Everything that needs to be said about our great club man Patch has been said above.

I'll just reiterate that at his best he was a selfless wrecking ball who inspired his teammates to greater levels of courage and committment.

You'll be missed on field Patch and I hope you stick around long term. Thanks for the memories mate!

Back