Past #13. Leigh Adams - coached SthCroydon to '17 flag - 18-19 COburg VFL coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, he was hard at it...didn't get a lot of it but a more than solid effort, especially with two goals.:thumbsu:
Thomas was better today and competed more honestly, but if it was between the two for a spot I'd go Adams as he is maniacal at the ball and strong over it.

i think he has got a big future

you can never have too many strong leaders and leigh adams is one

swallow, adams, ziebell, anthony. these guys have great attitudes and will keep a strong culture

Looked ok, would like to see him more in the midfield.

Likewise.

Saying that, I'm not philosophically opposed to the two goals he slotted either.

M'eh, I'm just happy to see him in the side. Kid is a gun.

Yeah he looked alright, kicked a few goals. You can't complain with the team laying over a hundred tackles.
Won't judge him until he has a few games of AFL under his belt.
He looks like he can play though, always thought that.

Love watching Adams play and i shouldnt be comparing him to Ablett who is a freakish star but cant help but notice Adams run and kick is similiar to Ablett and even though he's smaller he looks to have the ability to break a tackle and dish off a great handball or kick under pressure. Can kick a great goal from 50 on the run, looks to be a strong bodied player who can break a tackle and weave in and out of pressure! Always finds himself in a good position. Could become a very important outside player we are looking for with good skills but can hurt and push forward for a goal! Just has some traits like ablett and id be rapped if he was half the play ablett is! I think if we can get the ball to this guy he can get a lot of possessions and be very damaging at the same time!

Anyways just saying he could become an ablett type player for us if he has a good pre-season and gets into form he could be a high possession winner who creates alot of chances for us up forward with his skills! Look forward to seeing him after a full injury free pre-season in 2010 along side anthony,wells,ziebell,harvey, swallow and maybe morrabito etc.

He gets extraordinary wraps from many people at the club. Lots of love and beleief that he will be a champion. Hope they're right.
Maybe they can start showing their love by offering him a contract for next year.

Comparing Adams to Gary Ablett?????? Ease up. Just remember, a lot of clowns here used to compare Wells to Judd & even believed (or deluded themselves) that Wells > Judd. Funny stuff.
Sure, Adams has shown a little bit in his last couple of games but gee, how about playing 10 good games out of 15 next year to show he is capable of being a decent midfielder??? Don't go comparing him to Gary Ablett jnr please - you will only end up disappointed & destroy your credibility like The Zebra has done in recent times.
I just shake my head feverishly when I read such insanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All he said was an Ablett-LIKE player. As in similar build and use of the ball. He never claimed he was anywhere as good as ablett... (even though i think ablett is over rated, of course youll get 40 possessions if you handball 5 times in a minute because everyones looking to pass to you. Dont get me wrong hes a star but Geelong fans need to stop stroking themselves)

Comparing Adams to Gary Ablett?????? Ease up. Just remember, a lot of clowns here used to compare Wells to Judd & even believed (or deluded themselves) that Wells > Judd. Funny stuff.
Sure, Adams has shown a little bit in his last couple of games but gee, how about playing 10 good games out of 15 next year to show he is capable of being a decent midfielder??? Don't go comparing him to Gary Ablett jnr please - you will only end up disappointed & destroy your credibility like The Zebra has done in recent times.I just shake my head feverishly when I read such insanity.
How very true. After a particularly good game several years ago, in a moment of insanity on this board I posted that Turtle reminded me a lot of Micky Conlan. :eek:

There were a few people who were very impressed with that comparison.

Turtle then proceeded to play some very ordinary games, including missing some very gettable goals, as no doubt we all remember well and it has only really been since he came back from his knee reconstruction that he has played good consistent footy.

So as far as Adams is concerned, I am happy with what he is starting to show us. I hope he keeps improving and one day with a bit of luck we will be very happy with his contribution to the teams effort.

Gee i liked his game yesterday.I was at the game and said to the guy sitting next to me he needs more games and will get better.Dont drop him leave him in the team.

Sure, Adams has shown a little bit in his last couple of games but gee, how about playing 10 good games out of 15 next year to show he is capable of being a decent midfielder??? Don't go comparing him to Gary Ablett jnr please - you will only end up disappointed & destroy your credibility like The Zebra has done in recent times.
I just shake my head feverishly when I read such insanity.
Yeah well I put it to you that when such statements are made that the Poster in Question is also shaking their head feverishly.:thumbsdown:

Sorry Silky. I like Adams and going forward into next year I'd have him in our best 22 but you comparing Adams to G Ablett is so over the top it is funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back