Past #13. Leigh Adams - coached SthCroydon to '17 flag - 18-19 COburg VFL coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not ready to send Patch to the glue factory just yet. And he has played some good footy at times this year, by memory he was very good v WC.

But agree he stinks lately. Double grabs are his forte at the moment. Needs a spell but so does half his team.

We still don't have any consistent performance standards. It's just this year the scapegoat list has been extended every so slightly.
Like we did with Mr Ed Lower?

horse-cartoon.jpg

Yep it's obvious to all that he needs to be dropped, shouldn't be carried any longer.
Time for selection committee to make the change
Tearing my hair out. I'm genuinely perplexed to how Adams has played every freaking game this season. Every one! He's had two good games this year against Sydney and West Coast, the rest average to, mostly, abominable. Surely he needs a spell.

Big fan, but Patch needs a spell.

What I don't understand though is the number of people cursing the fact he had a contract extension. What are we meant to do? Let our players walk unless they are elite every week? Wish all of our "supporters" would actually support.

Have a spell, Patch and come back bigger and better.

Big fan, but Patch needs a spell.

What I don't understand though is the number of people cursing the fact he had a contract extension. What are we meant to do? Let our players walk unless they are elite every week? Wish all of our "supporters" would actually support.

Have a spell, Patch and come back bigger and better.

not sure about elite every week, but being good once or twice every 24 months would help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't seriously hold his head up high when walking out on Saturday night. How can he believe that he deserves, and has earnt his spot to be there.

What do you expect him to do? Go to Brad and say "I need a spell... Put me in the twos?" That is more piss poor than his performances. He doesn't do team selection, I'm sure he would be first to admit he is in a massive slump but if Brad continues to play him that's Brad's choice.

Footy is a confidence game and clearly Patch has lost his, but that's the job of the coaching staff to identify and rectify that... I see very little "coaching" at North, it's all tactical, no teaching.

I have always wondered.....Why does a supporter have to be constantly positive?

I'm guessing the 'support' part of supporter. :)
Otherwise we'd be baggers or downers as in Bluebaggers or *efc.

Anyway joining in the positivity I'm hoping Patch has a great 100th game and the green vest is worn proudly.

Tearing my hair out. I'm genuinely perplexed to how Adams has played every freaking game this season. Every one! He's had two good games this year against Sydney and West Coast, the rest average to, mostly, abominable. Surely he needs a spell.
Agreed mate.
It's clear Adams is struggling and it is to our detriment to keep playing him

I read it as this board needs to be a positive forum when users will want to come online and post.
I believed in it up until 2 weeks ago.

All the patience and belief and reasons that have been stomached for 5 years.
None of that counts for much anymore.

Unfortunately the team hasnt done much to make us proud.
Hard work, toughness, courage- terms youd hope to associate with NM have been replaced with dishonesty, gutless and laziness.
You cant be positive when performances like that are being dished up.

For me though its fear. That another year has been thrown away. Most of our fanbase are pretty timid but when they get vocal and passionate we are like no other.
No one should ever get ambushed for wanting NM to do well. It comes down to the fact if we were s**t than wed accept it. But we are not. Thats the bottom line and what hurts most.

They don't need to be. I sure as hell am not positive every week. I actually can't stand supporters who are overly positive when things are clearly not going well. But the cursing of a player who has re-signed is ridiculous, irrational and does not constitute being a supporter in my book. That is what I loosely define as barracking, but definitely not supporting.

They don't need to be. I sure as hell am not positive every week. I actually can't stand supporters who are overly positive when things are clearly not going well. But the cursing of a player who has re-signed is ridiculous, irrational and does not constitute being a supporter in my book. That is what I loosely define as barracking, but definitely not supporting.

Patch seems constantly 5% concussed which is probably why he's fumbling. Regardless of whether we think he should be dropped or not, he's playing his 100th game for our great club so I hope he has a blinder.

Fairly piss-poor when an opposition supporter has to start a milestone thread but not unexpected given the shite in another thread on this board

Congratulations Leigh. A footballer's footballer. I've admired your work since Teal Cup days when you showed up Bryce "Pick#1" Gibbs. Just wish my dumb-arse club had picked you up

Best of luck in your 100th game. Watching from the outside, it seems you've had to battle through more than most to get there

Fairly piss-poor when an opposition supporter has to start a milestone thread but not unexpected given the shite in another thread on this board

Congratulations Leigh. A footballer's footballer. I've admired your work since Teal Cup days when you showed up Bryce "Pick#1" Gibbs. Just wish my dumb-arse club had picked you up

Best of luck in your 100th game. Watching from the outside, it seems you've had to battle through more than most to get there
Can't speak for anyone else but he's been lucky to get to 100 games given his shoulder injuries. Not to mention the amount of s**t he has to go through pre game and after game. Good bloke, good family and a good player. He's just going through a down period at the moment. It'd help if some of his teammates gave him a chop out occasionally when the opposition target him but North have had an injury year from hell so a lot of them are probably more concerned about their own problems. But I'm with you, Congratulations Leigh on 100 games. Hopefully the guys don't let him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back