Past #13. Leigh Adams - coached SthCroydon to '17 flag - 18-19 COburg VFL coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks a bit roly poly for my liking. Like that little Collingwood forward (Baird?), only not as dangerous near goal.

He needs to trim down a bit and be able to run out games better.

Looks a bit roly poly for my liking. Like that little Collingwood forward (Baird?), only not as dangerous near goal.

He needs to trim down a bit and be able to run out games better.

Fatch Adams?

I think you're thinking of Blair.

Think he's cooked tbh. Injuries ruined him but this year he was useless, 4 goals from a high half forward in a season is damning. His effort is there but his skills are gone. He has no trade value unfortunately, and will get consumed by garner, turner and nahas, and even Harper if he hits form. Needs an epiphany.

Lost his speed, which has hurt his ability to impact games. really struggles to hurt sides because he hasn't had that run and carry this year.

signed for another two years, which was a mistake. Can't see him being put on the trade table for that reason. If he has a year like this one he will be a list clogger of epic proportions.

Love patchy, but with his injuries I can't see him making it back to his best. Happy to be proven wrong however.

Lost his speed, which has hurt his ability to impact games. really struggles to hurt sides because he hasn't had that run and carry this year.

signed for another two years, which was a mistake. Can't see him being put on the trade table for that reason. If he has a year like this one he will be a list clogger of epic proportions.

Love patchy, but with his injuries I can't see him making it back to his best. Happy to be proven wrong however.

Yeah the fit the man to the job principal, not lets hope the man gets better and can regain old traits principal. I think we as a club have been holding onto the later one too long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he's ok. Bit of a worry that the concussion symptoms lingered for so long.

This is a massive concern for poor Patch.

Never mind his footy ability, I hope he can get himself healthy enough to compete for a position because he was battered this year.

Hope he's ok. Bit of a worry that the concussion symptoms lingered for so long.
Yep, very scary indeed.

I remember 1 particular concussion i had lasted about 10 days. Every morning when i woke up the room was spinning a million miles an hour and id grab the mattress and hold on for dear life.

Think he's cooked tbh. Injuries ruined him but this year he was useless, 4 goals from a high half forward in a season is damning. His effort is there but his skills are gone. He has no trade value unfortunately, and will get consumed by garner, turner and nahas, and even Harper if he hits form. Needs an epiphany.

Unfortunately I agree with you spiggs. He's had such a bad run with injuries over the years (knees, shoulders, concussion) that it has gotten to the stage where he's about to be overtaken by a heap of others.

He is a fantastic servant of the club and put his body on the line on countless occasions, but he had a very poor year after a very mediocre year in 2013.

Yep it got to the point where Adams was a liability when he stepped on the ground.

Ever since the judd chicken wing he has gone downhill rapidly

I feel for him but he hasn't been best 22 for some time and not sure he will be in the future. I am more worried about his health though, really bad sign to be down with concussion for so long.

I think if he plays on then it will only be a matter of time before he seeks compensation for health issues post retirement.

Adams can play. Had an iffy year. Keep.

I'm happy to keep him but I think iffy is a bit generous.

He was poor for mine and kept in the ones for far too long (see Bastinac and Black)

He will struggle to stay in the 22 unless he improves his output significantly - which at his best, I'm sure he can (used to be one of my favourites). It's whether his best is already past him that worries me.

I'm happy to keep him but I think iffy is a bit generous.

He was poor for mine and kept in the ones for far too long (see Bastinac and Black)

He will struggle to stay in the 22 unless he improves his output significantly - which at his best, I'm sure he can (used to be one of my favourites). It's whether his best is already past him that worries me.

Like a lot of players I suspect he was played with injury. Which directs the blame (slightly harder when we crack the top 4) at the coaching and selection staff.

Assuming he was fully fit then yeh, he had a poor year. But I'm still inclined to back in talented players with good character like patch.

He's pretty hard at it and footy smart and if he can get his touch back could still play a very important HF/mid rotating role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back