14/15 Bundesliga

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was a lot better... but still so much improving to do. Kehl was found out - twice. One bad mistake from Mitch and there goes a goal. But Ciro was easily best on ground, and looks the player we wanted when we signed him. Hope he can keep up that form and work rate into the new year

Well that was a lot better... but still so much improving to do. Kehl was found out - twice. One bad mistake from Mitch and there goes a goal. But Ciro was easily best on ground, and looks the player we wanted when we signed him. Hope he can keep up that form and work rate into the new year
That's 2 games in a week that Ciro has really impressed me, hopefully this is a springboard to a better 2015 :)

Because there are two posts above praising Dortmund for a home draw when they are still in relegation zone
a home draw against the #2 team by a club with 4 wins to their name... worthy of a bit of positivity? do you only come on here to be a dick because you cant about Philly or LA given the shittness of those two teams?

surely Klopp will go over the christmas break. This is the most bizarre placing for a team since liverpool were in the relegation zone in 2010-11, in fact this is even stranger than that because Dortmund are coached by someone who was thought to be competent.

surely Klopp will go over the christmas break. This is the most bizarre placing for a team since liverpool were in the relegation zone in 2010-11, in fact this is even stranger than that because Dortmund are coached by someone who was thought to be competent.
And Dortmund are in the CL and qualified from group as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the positive side, it's awesome how well Ilkay has been playing. Will probably leave in summer window though.
I wouldn't think so - he owes the club a lot for sticking by him for the 400+ days he was injured and offering him more time. I think most players would take ownership of the mess they have gotten into, and will try and see it out

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/23/borussia-dortmund-jurgen-klopp-bundesliga

great article on klopp and his tactics. the comparison to bielsa seems to be pretty apt at the moment. while obviously klopp has been able to attain a high standard for longer than anyone ever perceived, it could just be that like bielsa's athletic, the high intensity game plan just slowly saps away and destroys the team. when i've watched dortmund this season, they mainly seem tired. silly mistakes, and a lack of intensity. but klopp knows no other way except for full throttle, straight ahead gameplay.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/23/borussia-dortmund-jurgen-klopp-bundesliga

great article on klopp and his tactics. the comparison to bielsa seems to be pretty apt at the moment. while obviously klopp has been able to attain a high standard for longer than anyone ever perceived, it could just be that like bielsa's athletic, the high intensity game plan just slowly saps away and destroys the team. when i've watched dortmund this season, they mainly seem tired. silly mistakes, and a lack of intensity. but klopp knows no other way except for full throttle, straight ahead gameplay.

I remember him saying he only knows rock and roll style football. Hope he can whip something together quickly.

Kevin Kampl signed too, admittedly I only know him because of video games, but apparently he's quite good.

hey mcuzzy , how would you feel about a direct swap of Reus for Khedira - its been thrown around in the media circles a bit. Might be a win-win, we don't lose Reus for nothing and in return get a decent DM that can interchange with Sahin/Gundogan, and given the retirement of Kehl and the shitness of Ginter and Jojic (for now), it might be a decent deal

hey mcuzzy , how would you feel about a direct swap of Reus for Khedira - its been thrown around in the media circles a bit. Might be a win-win, we don't lose Reus for nothing and in return get a decent DM that can interchange with Sahin/Gundogan, and given the retirement of Kehl and the shitness of Ginter and Jojic (for now), it might be a decent deal
If Dortmund could afford to pay Khediras salary why would Reus, Goetze, etc leave in the first place?

What his reason?
well considering he was offered €12m by Dortmund to stay, I take full value in the comments that he wants titles. I seriously think that if he hadn't been injured before the World Cup, he wouldn't even be thinking about moving. But now with missing out on a WC title, Bayern's dominance of the BL not looking like slowing up, and Dortmund's shitness this year, might all be the perfect storm for him to move, even with a huge wage increase from BVB. It all depends on whether he goes the route of his buddies Lewandowski and Goetze, has a punt at trying to get a starting role at Real Madrid or follows Hummels' lead and tries to steady the shop at the Westfalenstation

I'm really unsure. If his wages aren't through the roof and the cash our way is enough then why not. I'm guessing Hofmann would come back to stay and Kampl would play Reus' role? I don't really know much about Kampl so I'm just guessing.

The thought of Reus leaving makes me feel really uneasy, seems inevitable now, was hoping he'd have a similar attitude to Hummels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back