14/15 Bundesliga

Remove this Banner Ad

Sanchez chose Arsenal because he wanted to live in London. It's why he also didn't end up at Liverpool.

Erm I'm not talking about Liverpool, I'm talking about Juve

That would be debatable I reckon.

Juve plays in a much weaker league and Arsenals CL results/finishes lately have been better.

The rest is true though, money talks.

Juve is better than Arsenal, whether Serie A is s**t or not

And also Reus IMO is 99% Bayern bound

Juve is a better side than Arsenal, yet Sanchez chose Arsenal, because they offered more money

And when have I disagreed with any of that?

Besides, Liverpool won't be signing those kind of players, because we don't pay big money. It's pointless to talk about it anyway

Football is about money, if you offer more than another then players would come
Arsenal are better than Juve. Just because you dominate a shitty league does not mean you are good.

Arsenal are better than Juve. Just because you dominate a shitty league does not mean you are good.

I bet if Arsenal plays either Juve or Roma, either of those sides would wipe the floor with Arsenal

Yes I know. I was talking about Liverpool because you'd been heavily linked to him.

I said at the time that he wouldn't choose us if he is sane, but point still stands that money talks more than being a "better side"

And are we overrating Arsenal or underrating at least the top Serie A sides? They were around par with Napoli last season and Juve/Roma are miles better than Napoli

It doesn't matter about the strength of their league, I wouldn't say La Liga's a particularly strong league but the top 3 sides are some of the best

Juve and Roma aren't in the absolute top bracket but they are still better than the 4th best side in England. Besides, English sides have done poorly in Europe for a few years, they are hardly strong

I absolutely would still back those two to do Arsenal in a canter if they ever play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't matter about the strength of their league, I wouldn't say La Liga's a particularly strong league but the top 3 sides are some of the best

Juve and Roma aren't in the absolute top bracket but they are still better than the 4th best side in England. Besides, English sides have done poorly in Europe for a few years, they are hardly strong

I absolutely would still back those two to do Arsenal in a canter if they ever play
Normally I'd agree but based on the performances in Europe, there's nothing to suggest that either Juve or Roma would do Arsenal 'in a canter'.

Wrong thread for this talk btw, we're in the Bundesliga thread. Compare Arsenal to Leverkeusen or something :p

Juve has only been back in it for 2 or 3 seasons? And they've made it to the quarters, Arsenal can't get out of the round of 16

So not sure how you reach that conclusion

Put it this way, it's a weak league but if you put Arsenal in it, they aren't winning it by 100+ points like Juve did. I doubt they'd even win it

Juve has only been back in it for 2 or 3 seasons? And they've made it to the quarters, Arsenal can't get out of the round of 16

So not sure how you reach that conclusion

Put it this way, it's a weak league but if you put Arsenal in it, they aren't winning it by 100+ points like Juve did. I doubt they'd even win it

Didn't Juve drop to EL last season and is looking likely to do it again this season?

City are crap in Europe, not sure I'd using form against them as a guide.

So why is it that if City, league champions, do bad in Europe, it's because they do bad in Europe but they're still a good side

But Juve, league champions, do bad in Europe, and apparently suddenly they aren't even as good as Arsenal?

Last season's Galatasaray's different to this season's, they got Mancini coming in midway and the new manager bounce helped them to a few good results in europe

And I remember that match that got abandoned half way or s**t like that between Juve and Gala which was really unlucky for Juve, they were pissing on them IIRC

Arsenal nearly got done by Anderlecht

Last season's Galatasaray's different to this season's, they got Mancini coming in midway and the new manager bounce helped them to a few good results in europe

And I remember that match that got abandoned half way or s**t like that between Juve and Gala which was really unlucky for Juve, they were pissing on them IIRC

Arsenal nearly got done by Anderlecht
Liverpool only just beat Ludogrets. Those 'one off' results used to make a point can be very misleading.

So why is it that if City, league champions, do bad in Europe, it's because they do bad in Europe but they're still a good side

But Juve, league champions, do bad in Europe, and apparently suddenly they aren't even as good as Arsenal?

Because Serie A isn't that good. That's my opinion anyway.

Is Benfica better than Arsenal too as they're Portuguese champions

Liverpool only just beat Ludogrets. Those 'one off' results used to make a point can be very misleading.

Aren't people doing the same with Juve and Roma then? Why the double standards?

Because Serie A isn't that good. That's my opinion anyway.

Is Benfica better than Arsenal too as they're Portuguese champions

Maybe the English league isn't that good either, I think it's crazy to say the 4th best side in England is better than a team that just won a league with 100+ points, whether you think it's weak or not (it's still in the top 5-6 leagues in Europe)

Benfica has gotten to Europa Cup finals, if we're gonna somehow use people failing in Europe as a guide then don't their consistent European performances push them up? All the criterias people use to judge these sides are messed up

Benfica's had a pretty decent record against English sides in Europe haven't they, the Portugese league, now that's a weak league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back