La Liga

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry, did I miss when penalties stopped being counted as goals?

So Frank Lampard really only scored half his goals then...
Headers and penalties aren't worth as much because Messi doesn't score as many.

Goals in friendly matches and group stages of tournaments are of the highest importance.

I hope Ronni continues to score as many penalties as possible to keep them enraged. My favorite penaldo was in the UCL final and his celebration. I loved the way he celebrated that one

Messi registered his hat-track faster than Penaldo's. Seems to beat him to everything...
Ronni scored his 200th goal on the weekend. The fastest 200 goals ever in that league

I love how when Messi finally gets a hat trick these days he still can't beat Ronaldo's output for the week

Not really the point but thanks for clarifying ;)

Your point is that the best player in the world should be judged based on who takes the penalties better. I'm sure that who is the better diver is somehow related in that also...

Your point is that the best player in the world should be judged based on who takes the penalties better. I'm sure that who is the better diver is somehow related in that also...
Nope, it's not. Nice try.

Although I'm not surprised that someone with the Username Leo Messi would come to that conclusion.

That penalties are still as valid a goal as any other form.

Like I said, it's harder to score a penalty than to tap into an open net.

It's just trying to discredit him for the sake of it.

You're clutching at straws here. Tapping into an open net is all about how you position yourself or all the effort you've made beforehand to get into a position i.e sprinting to a through ball and dribbling past the keeper which I would not be able to do at best of times let alone in a top league against top defenders.

Gimme 10 penalties however and you can put Casillas in the goals. I reckon I'd be a good chance to score at least half of em. The other thing abut penalties is that they're very contentious most times and all the other times, you're probably getting a free shot on goal due to someone elses effort.

You're clutching at straws here. Tapping into an open net is all about how you position yourself or all the effort you've made beforehand to get into a position i.e sprinting to a through ball and dribbling past the keeper which I would not be able to do at best of times let alone in a top league against top defenders.

Gimme 10 penalties however and you can put Casillas in the goals. I reckon I'd be a good chance to score at least half of em. The other thing abut penalties is that they're very contentious most times and all the other times, you're probably getting a free shot on goal due to someone elses effort.
Sure mate.

The problem with you is that if the roles were reversed, your argument would be reversed. Mine wouldn't.

Sure mate.

The problem with you is that if the roles were reversed, your argument would be reversed. Mine wouldn't.

See, you're making assumptions here as a last resort. Yeah, you'd take a win decided by a penalty (unless it's a clear cut penalty impending a sure goal) but you can't say it wouldn't heave you with a sour taste in your mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure you had a sour taste in your mouth when Messi scored 2 penalties that decided the Clasico last season
See, you're making assumptions here as a last resort. Yeah, you'd take a win decided by a penalty (unless it's a clear cut penalty impending a sure goal) but you can't say it wouldn't heave you with a sour taste in your mouth.

It's not a last resort. Just because you have a different opinion, doesn't mean someone is clutching at straws or is making assumptions.

I can categorically tell you that it wouldn't leave a sour taste in my mouth. What a strange argument.

ronaldo-vs-messi_o_423501.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back