La Liga

Remove this Banner Ad

The only people who claim Ronaldo is better than Messi are Portugal fans, Real Madrid fans and Man Utd fans. That should tell you something.

And yet the only people I seem to see who go for messi over ronaldo are liverpool, city, arsenal, chelsea and Barca fans, why? Because they hate United who he played for and madrid.

Both are terrific players, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is Ronaldo is the better player.

And yet the only people I seem to see who go for messi over ronaldo are liverpool, city, arsenal, chelsea and Barca fans, why? Because they hate United who he played for and madrid.

Both are terrific players, but everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is Ronaldo is the better player.
Well I don't support either of those teams and I rate Messi far above Ronaldo.

And KC is salty because Ronaldo clowned them last season

Bayern have big game players... who can't even score against Iker Casilla lol
Ronaldo was rubbish against Bayern. He only did something once Bayern was in full attack mode in the 2nd game.

Don't support any of them and think Messi is the better player.

Also you are describing probably 60% of posters on here but they are all wrong because of some hate for a club he played at many years ago

Don't support any of them and think Messi is the better player.

Also you are describing probably 60% of posters on here but they are all wrong because of some hate for a club he played at many years ago
You're delusional if you don't believe there are strong levels of hate on here for Cristiano due to his history with Man Utd.

Still baffled as to why people think CR is better than messi. Only thing comparable these days is their goals exploits but even then Messi still edges it. A walking messi was still scoring 50+ goals a year ffs, will most likely get another 50+ goals this year which will make it 6 years in a row. Only time i thought CR was better than messi was last year and start of 2014/15 season... and obviously his 07/08

Also i disagree that people prefer messi cause he didnt play for utd/RM. If you go on man utd forum, alot of people over there prefer messi over CR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine, the fact that Ronaldo played for Liverpool's biggest rival is completely irrelevant - I just genuinely think Messi is the better footballer of the two. That's not to say that Ronaldo is not an incredible player - he is, and he will surely go down as one of the all-time greats of the game. But Messi is simply in a league of his own.

he has mised 2 games, but was already slowing down before that........ if you'd actually watch games instead of looking at who scored you'd know that.

CR7 in the form of his life but only marginally ahead of messi in terms of goal......... LOL..it goes both ways typeclub

Give me Ronaldo any day.

The point is that just because a poster on an Internet forum decides to name himself after a particular person or thing he supports or likes, it does not automatically render him incapable of being "objective" about that person or thing. Following your logic, any poster who refers to the team he or she supporters in his or her username (e.g. "Carlton2015" or something) is incapable of being objective in a discussion about that team. I doubt that you really believe that to be the case, but that is the logical extension of what you are saying.

Otherwise, I'm sure that next time there is a discussion about Cruyff or Springsteen, you will recuse yourself on account of your username/avatar indicating bias on your part toward those subjects.
Well, obviously there are exceptions, but there are people who are terribly biased all over this forum, not just LM, so I'm not really singling him out.

And his hypocrisy in having a go at nbaman is laughable and ironic to say the very least. It seems like he follows Messi and not Barca, because all he talks about is Messi.

Everyone is biased at one point or another, some incredibly more so than others. I call things how I see them.

Give me Ronaldo any day.
Whoops!

And I don't hate Ronaldo either. I don't like him, but I definitely don't hate him because he played for United. Not that big on Messi either to be honest. But I guess that's because I go for Arsenal and he has continuously smashed us in the CL. :$:$:$:$

Did you ever think they might choose Messi over Ronaldo because they think he's a better player? Or did that not occur to you at all?

I have massive respect for Ronaldo. Glorious footballer, irrespective of which clubs he has played at currently or in the past.

I actually care little for who he plays for. His hat trick against Sweden when he single handedly put Portugal in to the world cup was one of the greatest individual games I've seen. Jumped off the couch with his third.

Just happen to think Messi has been the better footballer over the course of their respective careers. But that's just one random internet poster's opinion- and really, who gives a s**t?

This Messi v Ronaldo stuff is ******* tiresome.

Messi is still playing catch up to Ronaldo even though he's on fire and Ronaldo has missed the last few games lol

The CL knockout stages are coming so he'll go back to hibernating.

Yeah CL knockouts- not because Real Madrid has Schalke and Barcelona has Man City... desperate argument.

For the record- if I could pick Messi or Ronaldo to join Chelsea I'd pick Ronaldo, better fit. But I think Messi is the better player.

For me, I'd have Ronaldo only just in front as he's done it in another league (would love to see Messi have a crack in the EPL) and in the 9 odd games against Chelsea Messi really hasn't played to his ability so maybe that also has an effect on my opinion.

Both fantastic players though and it is very hard to split them.

Last edited:
Well, obviously there are exceptions, but there are people who are terribly biased all over this forum, not just LM, so I'm not really singling him out.

And his hypocrisy in having a go at nbaman is laughable and ironic to say the very least. It seems like he follows Messi and not Barca, because all he talks about is Messi.

Everyone is biased at one point or another, some incredibly more so than others. I call things how I see them.

Making assumptions again about someone you know nothing about. I go for Messi but not Barca. I guess you come to that conclusion because i just dont have an EPL team I follow. Here's a news flash for you - EPL is not as dominant league in Europe as it is here so its quite normal i dont have a team as I grew up in Europe. My question to you is have you ever actually played football or you're just a sideline commentator? I grew up with a football by my side and watching it. Granted, i dont have the time these days to watch as much as I'd like to being busy with work and the time difference but admittingly I do make more effort with Barca when they play bc its the team i follow. So you can try be the voice of "reason" here more often then not, but I've seen you carry on like a little girl about Henry and you still do at times. So no need to get ur undies in a knot when i just happen to say what most people tend to think. I was critical of Messi during his form slump and i was glad Germany won the WC as I've always been a fan. But I just tend to think he's the best player I've seen play and I'm glad he plays for Barca.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back