14/15 Rest of the World

Remove this Banner Ad

Kaan

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Discuss anything to do with leagues that don't warrant their own thread such as Seria A, Ligue 1 etc.

Paying more attention than normal to Shakhtar Donetsk this year.
Playing out of Lviv for the season due to the conflich in Luhansk/Donetsk.

4-0-0 start and top of the league. Thought, having zero home games would've been interesting this season and could've stopped their dominance.

And for those who don't know Ukraine geography.
It would be like Port Adelaide playing in Perth for the season.

Interesting start in France. PSG have dropped points in 2 of their first 3 games. 1 win and 2 draw for 5 points and 4 points off Bordeux on top with 9 points.

Monaco, played 2, lost 2. Bottom of the ladder.

Also I know it's just one game but Dortmund are dead last in Germany after losing the opening game of the season 2-0.

I'm interested in Serie A this season.

Juventus should win but no Conte may mean that they fall back to the pack and honestly 6 or 7 teams are of equal quality that can be in it after Christmas.

WastefulWarlikeCub.gif

From the Galatasaray-Fenerbahce super cup penalty shootout yesterday, how is that not a red card :confused:

All subs were used and they would've had to use an outfield player as well.

How far off are the big South American teams I.e. Boca Juniors from top European sides?

Really hoping Fiorentina can push for the title this year in Serie A, but I'd be happy enough with another Europa League spot.

Going to see the Viola against Juve in Florence on Dec 8. Hopefully getting up to Milan for the derby as well on Nov 24.

Cannot ******* wait!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How far off are the big South American teams I.e. Boca Juniors from top European sides?

They usually do pretty well in the Club World Cup, so not too far I would have thought?

They don't get the UEFA team until the final.
They have to play CONCACAF/CAF/AFC/OFC teams to get there.

Rating a CONEMBOL (or UEFA for that mattter) campaign in the CWC is like rating a teams cup campaign when they play teams in lower divisions for the whole cup (ala, Hull FA Cup 2013-14)

Sure, making a final looks good, but when you look into it. It's not that great.

2005 - Sao Paulo 3-2 win over Saudi team, 0-1 loss to Liverpool
2006 - Internacional 2-1 win over Egyptian team, 1-0 win over Barcelona
2007 - Boca Junios 1-0 win over Tunisian team, 2-4 loss to AC Milan
2008 - Quito 2-0 win over Mexican team, 0-1 loss to Manchester United
2009 - Estudiantes 2-1 win over South Korean team, 1-2 loss to Barcelona
2010 - Internacional 0-2 loss to Congo team, 4-2 win over South Korean team
2011 - Santos 3-1 win over Japanese team, 0-4 loss to Barcelona
2012 - Corinthians 1-0 win over Egyptian team, 1-0 win over Chelsea
2013 - Atletico Minero 1-3 loss to Morroccan team, 3-2 win over Chinese team

vs non-UEFA - 9-2 +8
vs UEFA 2-5 -7

Ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the team but that effort thats put in. To me we seemed to play it like a friendly and I was pretty dirty after the game because of it.

I think the comp doesn't get the focus it should because it's played in Japan. Though I think this year it's changing?

If it gained a bit more prestige it could end up being a pretty interesting tournament. The African/South American/European champions provide a decent level of competition, and the North American/whatever it's called champs will only get better as the MLS improves.

I think the comp doesn't get the focus it should because it's played in Japan. Though I think this year it's changing?

If it gained a bit more prestige it could end up being a pretty interesting tournament. The African/South American/European champions provide a decent level of competition, and the North American/whatever it's called champs will only get better as the MLS improves.
It was played in Morocco last year......

Pretty sure it was played in Morocco last year.

Just wondering, say if the Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts join Russia.
Would Shakhtar/Olimpik/Metalhursh Donetsk and Zorya Luhansk join the RPL, or stick with the UPL.

We see teams compete in other nations.
ie. Cardiff/Swansea in England, Monaco in France, San Marino in Italy, and I think there's even a Leichtenstein team in Switzerland.

Ah ok so it's already moved. Prior to that it was in Japan for a fair while wasn't it? Being on the other side of the world to the main confederations probably doesn't help.

Yep, was played in Brazil initially, UAE had it in 09-10 too.
It goes to one nation for 2 years then it's up for renewal.
13-14 is Morocco
15-16 is between India and Japan
17-18 is between UAE, Japan and someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back