14/15 Rest of the World

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the comp doesn't get the focus it should because it's played in Japan. Though I think this year it's changing?

If it gained a bit more prestige it could end up being a pretty interesting tournament. The African/South American/European champions provide a decent level of competition, and the North American/whatever it's called champs will only get better as the MLS improves.

It doesn't get any attention because its a FIFA love child that nobody cares about.

It doesn't get any attention because its a FIFA love child that nobody cares about.
It's the club version of the Confederations cup.
Only fools care about it................Yes, I was a fool in 2008 when I was referencing the confederations cup in some Euro discussion.

Felipe Melo has received a 2 match ban for retweeting someone on twitter :rolleyes:

The RT had abuse directed at Fenerbahce's president but Melo doesn't even know Turkish, he just liked the photo. Ridiculous.

Felipe Melo has received a 2 match ban for retweeting someone on twitter :rolleyes:

The RT had abuse directed at Fenerbahce's president but Melo doesn't even know Turkish, he just liked the photo. Ridiculous.
Rubbish.

I see India has launched a league. They have enticed some really old veterans in their late 30s to sign up..
Must be bankrolled by the IPL backers .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BzV_N0VCUAIO0tO.jpg:large

Marco Materazzi quits 3 years ago ,but now he is back in the Indian league .

Just thought I'd mention Ligue 1.

PSG haven't set the world on fire so far, with 10 points out of 18. Marseille, Bordeaux and Saint-Etienne are all on top with 13. Monaco are struggling with just 7 points too.

Thoughts?
Hope Bielsa gives Tuiloma a run soon. They're doing bloody well Marseille.

The family derby (I'm from Marseille, my Wife and Daughter are from Toulouse) ended in a great result for me. :) A 2-0 victory moves Marseille 7pts clear on top after just 10 games. Amazing start, hopefully it can continue, but PSG seemed to be getting their act together now, they have moved into second.

My Italian team, Fiorentina, are not looking as good, another loss this morning and they are sitting mid table.

The family derby (I'm from Marseille, my Wife and Daughter are from Toulouse) ended in a great result for me. :) A 2-0 victory moves Marseille 7pts clear on top after just 10 games. Amazing start, hopefully it can continue, but PSG seemed to be getting their act together now, they have moved into second.

My Italian team, Fiorentina, are not looking as good, another loss this morning and they are sitting mid table.
You reckon Tuiloma will get a game for Marseille sometime soon?

Yeah, any ideas what's really happening with Fiorentina?

You reckon Tuiloma will get a game for Marseille sometime soon?

Don't know enough about him to be sure, but I'd say No. He is not in Marseille's main squad, but in their second squad, known as Marseille II who play in the Championnat de France amateur 2 league (5th Tier of French Football). He'd have to get promoted to their main squad before getting a game, so I'd say he maybe a few seasons away.

Yeah, any ideas what's really happening with Fiorentina?

I have no idea, I had high hopes for this season, perhaps qualification for Champions League, but that looks out of the question already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back