Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me ALOT of Corey Enright, unobtrusive but bloody effective.

Went early on my prediction and seems such an apt comparison.

Looking at his stats from the first 3 games and he has had 26 possessions, 23, 28 and waiting for this weeks TV game stats to upload. Having seen him in the Box Hill game (23 possessions), he really does fly under the radar.

Yep, the best small defender of the past decade who's just passed 250 games is an "apt comparison" for the kid who's never played a game in his life. I'd certainly be bragging about that call at this juncture.

Funny this thread should bump.

Saw him getting onto the Lilydale line train last night, around 9.30pm.
Seemed kind of weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the best small defender of the past decade who's just passed 250 games is an "apt comparison" for the kid who's never played a game in his life. I'd certainly be bragging about that call at this juncture.
Based off raw stats (+ having actually seen him a whole one time), no less.

- Read lots of mock drafts and possible draftees are compared to AFL past/current players.
- Club recruiters liken possible draftees to current/past AFL players.
- New recruits are interviewed and often asked - Which past/current AFL player are you similar to.

Player comparisons happen all the time.

i think it's particularly apt here though, and i also think there's a difference between saying 'he's the next xyz' and saying 'he plays like xyz'.

Slender build, unobtrusive style, quiet but effective.

Interesting that he played the majority of the game on on saturday on the ball though, could just be lack of options, but they were going up against 3 guys with like 250 combines afl games in loners, tuck and foley, so an excellent learning experience.

I like that hes finding plenty of the pill. I love a good halfback flanker (wouldve loved to have had Enright in the team i followed or even a H.Shaw ect)

But as i said great hes finding so much of the ball, the knock on him draft time was he couldn't find it enough, so maybe thats one area a big preaseason and significant improve in fitness levels has amended.

Ashby VFL numbers so far.

Round 1 vs Bendigo
D | K | H | M | Score
26 | 10| 16| 3| 5| 0.0

Round 2 vs Box Hill
D | K | H | M | Score
23 | 12 | 11 | 2 | 9 | 1.1

Round 4 vs NB
D | K | H | M | Score
28 | 18 | 10 | 3 | 2 | 0.1

Round 5 vs Coburg
D | K | H | M | Score
12 | 8 | 4 | 1 | 0 | 0.0

Round 6 vs Port
D | K | H | M | Score
13 | 8 | 5 | 0 | 4 | 0.0

Round 8 vs Geelong
D | K | H | M | Score
16 | 10 | 6 | 3 | 7 | 0.0

Round 9 vs Sandi
D | K | H | M | Score
24 | 14 | 10 | 7 | 2 | 0.0

I think Ashby's numbers are more of a reflection on the opposition. Coburg, Port and Geelong are good, mature sides while Ashby is still just a boy.

R17 debut thankyou

Straight to a tag on Whitfield off the far wing whilst Heppell is rested and primed for the hawks the following week

Did he smash him in the Champs or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back