Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't de-list Daw, I doubt we will de-list Dumont. Didn't even stop Daw from playing. Court case is in a month, his fate by the court will be known before the drafts and final list lodgement.

The difference here though Tas, is that Daw committed the alleged offence when he was a minor.

That post on their board created a huge stir. A little bit of bait and they all came for it. Posters going after each other for allowing the mods to let me back on. It got more *essendon posters upset than anything I have posted on the sympathy thread.
Not having a dig. Just couldn't believe it when I read it. I was enjoying delicious * tears after our great finals win...then you of all people wrote that. It's the equivalent of teffy calling someone a good bloke

tumblr_inline_mzo8viZoc81sqlubn.gif

The difference here though Tas, is that Daw committed the alleged offence when he was a minor.

Daw case is a lot more grey than your standard criminal charges seen in the AFL recently.
Is a very delicate case and involves charges potentially committed as a minor.

So it's not black and white?

It isn't as cut and dried as a simple assault or an aggravated robbery case.
Rape cases are generally very hard to prove and there is lot more perceived variables in such a case.
The AFL would be very insensitive to rule on Daw in this instance.

It isn't as cut and dried as a simple assault or an aggravated robbery case.
Rape cases are generally very hard to prove and there is lot more perceived variables in such a case.
The AFL would be very insensitive to rule on Daw in this instance.
Umm, ok. See, Majak Daw is black and ... ah, forget it.

The only problem with delisting is that another club will pick him up for nothing and he'll continue his career business as usual. The afl needs to make a call if convicted to prevent him playing anywhere. I agree cab drivers don't deserve this and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Talk about a massive overreaction, take a pill and chill mate..prevent him playing anywhere for gods sake....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he did do it, I think we all know that. I was just saying he didn't seem like a bad guy to me, not that he was innocent because he's nice.

Chopper Read was pretty good bloke by all accounts too. :stern look

Anyone notice this sort of stuff didn't happen until we recruited Shaun Higgins?

It really is the loss of Levi.

He was really holding the place together.

Perhaps this sugarcoat person is Levi and the reason he is deadset that Dumont needs to be delisted is that he doesn't want to see him succeed

Committed as a minor, will be tried as an adult. We know that Daw has proclaimed his innocence, that is to date the biggest difference between the two. I haven't heard anything from Froggy's point of view though.

Committed as a minor, will be tried as an adult. We know that Daw has proclaimed his innocence, that is to date the biggest difference between the two. I haven't heard anything from Froggy's point of view though.

Geoff Walsh's foot is probably so far up his arse right now that it's kicking him in the back of the teeth, so I'm not sure if he's capable of proclaiming his innocence.

It really is the loss of Levi.

He was really holding the place together.

Perhaps this sugarcoat person is Levi and the reason he is deadset that Dumont needs to be delisted is that he doesn't want to see him succeed
You're overthinking it. Levi left because of Higgins; this we know!
And now, Dumont behaves badly. I think the evidence is pretty clear here.

I for one believe that we should pay him a $1 million dollars and send him on a study trip to France, while we launch a pointless challenge to get him off on a loop hole, wait this isn't the essendon board.

Gees people talking about delisting Dumont, are you all for real? Yeah okay he stuffed up but he deserves a second chance, everyone does.

Tells me he has a bit of campaigner in him. Start him in the middle I say

Gees people talking about delisting Dumont, are you all for real? Yeah okay he stuffed up but he deserves a second chance, everyone does.

Tells me he has a bit of campaigner in him. Start him in the middle I say

I'd delist him for what he's done and a good five years in the big house should sort him out.

As the incident happened in the early hours of the morning I'm providing a recent pick of Dumont to help the Police with any enquires and if a line up is needed.

upload_2014-10-29_19-7-39.jpeg

Everyone stuffs up/make mistakes……not everyone gets arrested for aggravated robbery. This isn't some petty incident, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the club cuts ties with Trent. Not that I want that to happen but I'll back whatever the club wants to do with him.

Perhaps the club has known about this since it happened and hence the holding up of the delisting of players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back