Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

For a team that gets routinely reamed in the middle, I still don't understand why he was dropped and isn't playing.

As such and knowing our boringly predictable selection methods, I will continue to not understand when he isn't picked for the Tigers.

For a team that gets routinely reamed in the middle, I still don't understand why he was dropped and isn't playing.

As such and knowing our boringly predictable selection methods, I will continue to not understand when he isn't picked for the Tigers.

I don't think he has ever put in a bad performance at AFL level. Should have played a full game every week since debut.

After a debut year and plenty of highlights, Trent Dumont will be aiming for bigger and better things in 2016.

But in order for the 20-year-old to build on his first eight AFL games, North’s medical team had to book him in for two bouts of hip surgery.

“Trent experienced some very low-level discomfort during the season but nothing that was serious enough to prevent him from playing,” North Director of Football Geoff Walsh told NMFC.com.au.

“At the end of every season there are always a number of players that require some medical intervention and Trent was one of those.

“He had an arthroscope on his left hip on Tuesday and will require another scope on his right side next week, but these procedures won’t impact his pre-season too much.

“The outcome of these operations will in fact, give him a greater range of motion next season.”

If Trent can up his endurance and more importantly his "cruising speed", he'll be a very, very good footballer next year and get a lot of game time.

Must get games next season. His few cameo appearances this year demonstrated some outrageous talent and he looks to have a very high ceiling; perhaps as high, if not higher, than any of our current inside mids with the exception of Cunners.

Must get games next season. His few cameo appearances this year demonstrated some outrageous talent and he looks to have a very high ceiling; perhaps as high, if not higher, than any of our current inside mids with the exception of Cunners.
If Froggy, Sugar and TG live up to their potential coupled with JZ and Cunners taking even bigger steps then.. wow.. just wow!

Now I'm paranoid that he'll want to go back to SA if he gets ignored next season. Fingers crossed he's not as much of a peaheart.
He's Victorian so i think he'll be fine. Can't understand anyone who would want to leave melbourne for adelaide.

We got torched by WCE in the last three quarters because we couldn't cover the ground.

Really looking forward to seeing how Froggy develops. He has the potential to be our most rounded midfielder. Just needs to work on finding the ball outside the contest a little more, but that should come with experience at AFL level.

Those goals he kicked against Geelong and Sydney! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be pretty happy if he ends up as good as Andrew Swallow.

I'll be pretty happy if he ends up as good as Andrew Swallow.

If he can end up as good inside I'll be doing cartwheels as he is certainly a neater kick.

Dumont is full of potential but how does he get a game next year if we don't want to play more than three inside mids? And don't tell me because JZ will play forward more because we can't fit any more players into our forward line.

Last edited:
Really? I liked Roo and loved the way he went about it. Would have had him at North in a flash.

Was a very influential player at his best and would love Dumont to build similar skills.
As a player roo was awesome but he's a brain dead parochial utensil smoker these days.

LAN8C5t.png

Even the the taxi robber companion is wishing him well :thumbsu:

Really? I liked Roo and loved the way he went about it. Would have had him at North in a flash.

Was a very influential player at his best and would love Dumont to build similar skills.
As a player roo was awesome but he's a brain dead parochial utensil smoker these days.
100% and hates us for some reason, not sure why but is always negative towards NM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back