Remove this Banner Ad

LongBomb

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Good bloke
1449 days and 4 knee reconstructions since Dan Menzel's last game.

Welcome back.

715821-daniel-menzel.jpg

I remember him kicking 5 goals and looking like Stevie J reincarnate when the Cats drubbed the Pies by 96 points in their last home and away game of 2011, he was just too quick, too smart and too balanced for any Pies defender to get near him, especially when they were isolated as the ball came in 1v1 to him on top of his head.
A travesty what happened just a week later, Geelong's best and brightest hope ripped away from them (4 season now, ridiculous)
His judgement of the footy was second only to Johnson himself in the back half of 2011!

If he can recover any of that form, the Cats will be grinning all the way to the bank.
Good luck to him :thumbsu:

I've had one Knee reco and that was more than enough. Couldn't imagine going through it four times. Good luck to him.
Agreed, I never went back to footy after doing mine, 4 times is just insane, building your strength up in one leg is a year long task, I really can't imagine doing it for four years in a row.

Agreed, I never went back to footy after doing mine, 4 times is just insane, building your strength up in one leg is a year long task, I really can't imagine doing it for four years in a row.
Yeah, I packed it in after I did mine. If I didn't have a reco I would have won 4 Brownlow's. :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of luck to him, more than deserves some luck. Great effort to come back from one knee reconstruction, let alone 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back