15,000 Weaklings

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Last night the crowd was disgraceful. 15,000 Richmond supporters only turn up when we have at least 50% chance of winning. 15,000 supporters can change a game. The roar of an extra 15,000 can boost players hunger on the field and lead to better effort. I partly blame the heartless, soft, weak effort of these 15,000 for the result yesterday. Their excuses for not going are lame. Face it they aren't full on tiger supporters and they can't prove otherwise. Gen Y fans need to harden up :thumbsdown:

Last night the crowd was disgraceful. 15,000 Richmond supporters only turn up when we have at least 50% chance of winning. 15,000 supporters can change a game. The roar of an extra 15,000 can boost players hunger on the field and lead to better effort. I partly blame the heartless, soft, weak effort of these 15,000 for the result yesterday. Their excuses for not going are lame. Face it they aren't full on tiger supporters and they can't prove otherwise. Gen Y fans need to harden up :thumbsdown:

Who cares about the crowd? Right now we're 0-2.

We need to win next week.

I was very disappointed when I heard the crowd was only 50-odd. I would love to live in Melbourne I would be there every week. Heading up later in the year, can't wait!

I have no problem with interstate supporters. It's the locals who should be showing up. Don't give me the commitment excuse. 15,000 supporters who came last week had weddings last night did they? ;)

A bit harsh on those with families and especially young ones, mate. The 4 day Easter weekend is the ideal time of year for families to head away for the long weekend.

Not everyone would love the thought of dealing with Feral pies supporter at the ground/on the train either :mad:

Was great to see the youngsters improve their output from their round 1 debut, seemed to find their feet a lot easier last night.

I have no problem with interstate supporters. It's the locals who should be showing up. Don't give me the commitment excuse. 15,000 supporters who came last week had weddings last night did they? ;)

Nah, it's called a job. Some of us have to put off a lot of life because of their job .... and some of us are jst as passionate about their job as I am my football team!

Nah, it's called a job. Some of us have to put off a lot of life because of their job .... and some of us are jst as passionate about their job as I am my football team!

What career would anyone want from a job involving Saturday night shifts? lol
Anyway, it was the 20,000 supporters who were there last night. The 15,000 fans stayed home. They can't complain about being labelled fans. They need to earn the supporter tag :)

What career would anyone want from a job involving Saturday night shifts? lol
Anyway, it was the 20,000 supporters who were there last night. The 15,000 fans stayed home. They can't complain about being labelled fans. They need to earn the supporter tag :)

I work in the media mate .... I don't get to choose my hours. The hours choose me!

Goldust if we went into that game on the back of 3 or 4 wins many many thousands would have discovered that surprise surprise they were not actually working or otherwise engaged and were actually at home washing the car or having a beer and would have got to the game.

There are exceptions but the main reason why people do not attend games ( none of which are in traditional working hours ) is because they do not want to. No need to dust off the time honoured Sydney NRL fans list of 1,000 excuses for why he was at home with a beer.

There was a small Richmond turnout because thousands of our fans couldn't be bothered going. Simple as that and let's not pretend otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldust if we went into that game on the back of 3 or 4 wins many many thousands would have discovered that surprise surprise they were not actually working or otherwise engaged and were actually at home washing the car or having a beer and would have got to the game.

There are exceptions but the main reason why people do not attend games ( none of which are in traditional working hours ) is because they do not want to. No need to dust off the time honoured Sydney NRL fans list of 1,000 excuses for why he was at home with a beer.

There was a small Richmond turnout because thousands of our fans couldn't be bothered going. Simple as that and let's not pretend otherwise.

Well said :cool:
Too many half hearted fans

The supporters need to match their expected effort of the players :cool:

When are the players going to match the effort the supporters have put in over the last 30 yrs?

When are the players going to match the effort the supporters have put in over the last 30 yrs?

The 20,000 who showed up? Not the 18-25 year olds who show up 5 times a year. Most of the list has been turned over. They are trying, just a bit inexperienced. Still need one more small cleanout of about 8 players.

Well said :cool:
Too many half hearted fans

Ok Madness, I'm booking a ticket back to Melbourne, quitting my job and taking up a meaningless 9-5 job. You can subsidise the lost $50,000 income for me .. thanks pal!!!

Going to the footy changed considerably about 15 years ago. People liked the fact they could go saturday afternoon each week. They find now you can't readjust life to get there Thursday night, Saturday night, Sunday, Monday, Friday night, Saturday arvo ... people like routine, which the AFL doesn't offer!

I would like more fans to be there, but I can totally understand why they can't!

Ok Madness, I'm booking a ticket back to Melbourne, quitting my job and taking up a meaningless 9-5 job. You can subsidise the lost $50,000 income for me .. thanks pal!!!

Going to the footy changed considerably about 15 years ago. People liked the fact they could go saturday afternoon each week. They find now you can't readjust life to get there Thursday night, Saturday night, Sunday, Monday, Friday night, Saturday arvo ... people like routine, which the AFL doesn't offer!

I would like more fans to be there, but I can totally understand why they can't!

There were 15,000 sitting at home because they couldn't be bothered. That's why I am against live games shown locally on tv. They would have no choice but to show up :cool:

The 20,000 who showed up? Not the 18-25 year olds who show up 5 times a year. Most of the list has been turned over. They are trying, just a bit inexperienced. Still need one more small cleanout of about 8 players.

Um..yeah good excuse. How many times are we going to hear it? Anyways, I'm an 11 game premium home member. It was our away game. Get over it.

Being Easter I would imagine a large number of people went away for the long weekend. Also being that it was a Collingwood home game that would have turned a few people away. It was also live on free TV which would have deterred another few.

You really don't know what circumstances each and every Richmond member has come up and if you expect every Tiger fan to go to every Tiger match then you will be very disappointed.

I know your intentions are for the good madtigger but things come up and some people simply aren't as diehard as yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back