NFL (15/16) Super Bowl 50: Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers

Game Predictions...(1 vote per category, 7 votes total)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes as much as you want to, you just can't find that spark, or the moment to get you going in sport, I think it's something we've all experienced

The harder you try the more difficult it becomes, and Cam could just never get into the game - that fumble was his chance to make his presence felt (not in a glamorous way obviously) and he just choked in that little split second

I don't know how people can say Cam is soft, that's one thing I'd never knock him on. Ginn is soft.
Mentally I don't think he's soft, I'd say incredibly suspect and prone to mental laspes and mood swings.

Agree, im willing to put it down to just one of those days, he was beaten to a bloody pulp, even when he was throwing all those hissy fits earlier in his career i had never seen anything like that before.

I can understand why people would question his mental toughness after that though. But physically? Nup, im not buying that whatsoever.

Must have got to him, felt intimidated and like you said earlier that built some anxiety in him and that can make you do things like that. I mean A11dAtP0wer (i finally realised what his name means...a manureid moment) is right when he says that you can't call him soft if you've seen him run the ball (I mean really we can't call any of these guys soft).

But just shows what big time pressure can do and why you have to admire even more the guys that come through at clutch times in big games (any sport). Others might disagree but I really think the intimidation factor in the NFL is higher than any other sport by its very nature and the size and speed of the players. Rugby fans might disagree.
Rugby fans lol

Head still well and truly stuck up his own arse... Perfect platform for Cam to say i did some thing's wrong, nup, business as usual

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault...ake_Over/62d24fa2-ee59-4fe4-a1de-1007f8fd6a98

He's making it harder and harder to support him. Honestly.
To be honest, he's kind of right about the sore loser thing. Bill Belichick for instance, is the biggest pouter and sore loser out there. Al Davis was the same way. Perfect example of a super bowl meltdown was Bill Belichick walking off the field with 1 second left when they went 18-1.

Still, his reasoning for what went thru his mind (my legs could've contorted) is lame.

I reckon it was more like .... "ah **** it, what's the point, we've lost this game anyway"

i.e., he quit too soon on the game

At 10-16 and in possession??

To be honest, he's kind of right about the sore loser thing. Bill Belichick for instance, is the biggest pouter and sore loser out there. Al Davis was the same way. Perfect example of a super bowl meltdown was Bill Belichick walking off the field with 1 second left when they went 18-1.

Still, his reasoning for what went thru his mind (my legs could've contorted) is lame.

Mike and Mike giving it to him about the fumble. I reckon if he fessed up to it being a mistake / mental error or whatever then people would be more accepting.

At 10-16 and in possession??
Yes. Because he is a fair-weather tough guy. When they're beating up somebody 35-14, his emotions are high, he's happy, so he'll do extra stuff. But if things aren't going to plan, (they expected to thrash the broncos, so as the game went on you could see him pouting and dejected that it wasn't happening), and on that big stage, the big game almost over, he basically just QUIT. Didn't want to injure himself, he said. Like he said...emotions take over. Read between the lines of what that means, and you'll see it means "im a fair weather tough guy". When his emotions are high vs when his emotions are low. Every time he pouts is when his emotions are low (obviously). He has no middle ground it seems emotionally. He's either right up there, all rosy, they're winning, cam is the center of attention, he's scoring TDs and doing his dabbing and superman moves in the endzone, and pushing and shoving with opposition players. He's a bad winner. So therefore, when things arent going well, he's a bad loser, he pouts, he quits.

This is his kryptonite uncovered for all the league now -- "you hit him, hit him all game, frustrate him out there, the fight in him will die out, thats how you beat the Cam Newton Panthers".

I reckon it was more like .... "ah **** it, what's the point, we've lost this game anyway"

i.e., he quit too soon on the game
Cam thought they had lost the game?

With 4 minutes and 16 seconds left in a Super Bowl and trailing by 6 with 3 time outs?? If that is the case then lay down Sally has a bigger heart.

Cam thought they had lost the game?

With 4 minutes and 16 seconds left in a Super Bowl and trailing by 6 with 3 time outs?? If that is the case then lay down Sally has a bigger heart.
He definitely quit. I will stand by that. He realized he wasn't able to do anything all game, they were pounding him. His game was off too. He just knew deep down they weren't winning. He knew he wasn't able to go the length of the field with 4 mins left to win the game. He gave up.

He definitely quit. I will stand by that. He realized he wasn't able to do anything all game, they were pounding him. His game was off too. He just knew deep down they weren't winning. He knew he wasn't able to go the length of the field with 4 mins left to win the game. He gave up.

Im not disagreeing but until it happens again its a once off, freak occurrence as far as im concerned.

If something like that does happen again, im done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not disagreeing but until it happens again its a once off, freak occurrence as far as im concerned.

If something like that does happen again, im done.
I never saw the game, but what was he like during the recent loss to the Falcons that ended their chance of a perfect season? What was he like near the end of that game?

I never saw the game, but what was he like during the recent loss to the Falcons that ended their chance of a perfect season? What was he like near the end of that game?

Na, nothing like that, had a sooky face somewhat but he wasnt in give up mode, he was trying until the last play.

Yes. I'm enjoying this. I'm looking forward to reading more explanations as to why Newton from BF posters. After all, it's clear he hasn't.
Are words missing from this?? Not following.

I am sure there is a F1 or NASCAR analogy out there that would be apt for Newton the fair-weather warrior.
Perhaps Schumacher running Senna off the track when he realized he couldn't pass him in that race, and to ensure therefore he couldn't lose the F1 title if both Senna and him were out of the race.

?

Perhaps Schumacher running Senna off the track when he realized he couldn't pass him in that race, and to ensure therefore he couldn't lose the F1 title if both Senna and him were out of the race.

?

Pretty sure that was Damon Hill not Senna. :$

Back