Remove this Banner Ad

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
CHRIS Knights thought he might never play football again when his long journey back from a serious knee injury hit another hurdle in mid-2014.

But the forgotten Richmond forward has overcome his latest setback – plus a quad injury that ended his year early – to again feel optimistic about returning to the field in early 2015

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-29/new-dawn-for-knights

would have kicked 30-35 goals in 2013 and 2014 if he was fit the whole time.

seriously need to have him fit this year to improve on last year. he was starting to really hit his straps when he got injured. . him back in the forward line releases dusty, lids and Sheds to roam a bit more around the ground.

I really like the way Knights plays, and I wish him all the best. Must be hard to keep working in an elite environment when you think you're done.

From the team's perspective, I don't feel like a strong, polished HFF is the same missing cog that it was for ages. Between Martin and Deledio, I reckon we have that role covered much better than we did when Knights was recruited. Still, it's no secret that we don't have as much class across the ground as few other mid-table teams, so he still has plenty to contribute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to really know what will happen with Chris. All the very best to him & Fingers, toes, legs , any other body part crossed too...

I really like the way Knights plays, and I wish him all the best. Must be hard to keep working in an elite environment when you think you're done.

From the team's perspective, I don't feel like a strong, polished HFF is the same missing cog that it was for ages. Between Martin and Deledio, I reckon we have that role covered much better than we did when Knights was recruited. Still, it's no secret that we don't have as much class across the ground as few other mid-table teams, so he still has plenty to contribute.

Still he is a left footer so he would be handy on the other flank, Lids and Dusty can play wing and deeper in the forward line to. They can be switched around as situations suit.

Might be a problem if Knights couldn't go in the guts and was not a long kick for goal. If he can still do this worth a try.

Not the worst option by any stretch of the imagination if fit!

plain unlucky not to find that floating bone earlier. hope he can get back and play a few games and remind us of what he can do. go watch some of his 09 games with the crows so brilliant stuff. career soured by injuries sadly. hoping he can come back and make it harder for gordon lloyd and mcd to get a game. provides good leadership and is a good bloke. he has been using him time of the sidelines well helping the young blokes. we are better for having him these past few years imo.

He's been so valuable off the field the last two years imagine what he could do on the field . Missing two years of footy plus what he missed at the crows makes his chances of staying fit very slim but good luck to him because he can play good footy when fit.

Time will tell and hopefully he plays in a flag this year .

I had the good fortune to sit with Chris at the player sponsor dinner, which was just before he went under the knife again (they were still deciding if he was to do it), and even though he was a pretty positive guy, you could see he was really worried about the prospect.

Having spent time with him, I'm really hoping he comes good again as he really seems like a top bloke.

Covered, sure, but Deledio especially has shown he can play a variety of positions, so Knights could go to HFF and Lids to the wing.

I also tend to prefer Dusty either pushing up into the midfield and resting at FP rather than playing HFF.

Regardless, more options/depth is a good thing even if it never gets used.

I had the good fortune to sit with Chris at the player sponsor dinner, which was just before he went under the knife again (they were still deciding if he was to do it), and even though he was a pretty positive guy, you could see he was really worried about the prospect.

Having spent time with him, I'm really hoping he comes good again as he really seems like a top bloke.

Covered, sure, but Deledio especially has shown he can play a variety of positions, so Knights could go to HFF and Lids to the wing.

I also tend to prefer Dusty either pushing up into the midfield and resting at FP rather than playing HFF.

Regardless, more options/depth is a good thing even if it never gets used.
Great post let's hope Knights gets fit if he doesn't we still have Madonna , Lennon , Lloyd , Gordon and Vlaustin

He's a great bloke and mentor to the kids. Happy to see him assist in developing the kids in the magoos. The game has gone past him at the highest level.

He's a great bloke and mentor to the kids. Happy to see him assist in developing the kids in the magoos. The game has gone past him at the highest level.
Why do you say that ?

Why do you say that ?

Injuries have crueled this bloke. His legspeed is shot. I'd also now rather Lennon, Lloyd, McDonough and Gordon get played ahead of him.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Injuries have crueled this bloke. His legspeed is shot. I'd also now rather Lennon, Lloyd, McDonough and Gordon get played ahead of him.

We will be able to tell this this year, but from all reports he is doing a preseason for a change, which will help in this manner.

We will be able to tell this this year, but from all reports he is doing a preseason for a change, which will help in this manner.

It will help no doubt, but (and it's only my opinion), there's others ahead of him in the pecking list now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back