Review #15: Chris Knights - Retired and done his knee again :(

docko911

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Axel is indefinitely injured. He's definitely done.

Axel relied heavily on his pace to get the job done at his best. Knights is more skill and penetration with his kick.

Knights is about a 1/100 chance
Axel is about 1/100,000 chance

I'd give both a place on the VFL list next year if they were keen though.

I love this bloke. Absolute gun, but, football is a cruel mistress. He needs to retire or be cut at seasons end. His body cannot cope with AFL footy.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Axel is indefinitely injured. He's definitely done.

hate to say this but your probably right, some things are very hard to admit even though I might know the truth of it:cry::cry::cry:......Nothing but respect for Axel. He was our No1 mid during some very difficult times.......I'm so glad he got to one-fiddy & life membership.

Knights is getting a run in the magoos this week...

Get him out there in one of these......

upload_2015-7-2_12-50-28.png

Just to be sure he comes off unscathed...;)

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Who cares if they are faster or fitter. They aren't 30+ goal a year players like Knights.
sorry mate go and watch Knights last two AFL games .he lasted for about a quarter a year plus apart. youre kidding are't you.He is cooked and was most likely cooked before we got him.He will never kick 30 plus goals a year at afl level again so stop making things up,but a kid on our list may

The guy looks like he's cooked, however, just let things unfold for the rest of the year. If he gets back then good luck to him. If not then bye bye. Even if he gets back in and delivers some good games the club could not contemplate another contract for him. If the rookie list is still around you could consider placing him there with a match payment contract only. Personally & sadly I think we'd be better cutting
our loses.

Hope knights can finish off the season in the VFL, don't play him this year but give him a proper pre season and you just never know.
having known the guy you have to feel for him. Such a genuine nice bloke

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
sorry mate go and watch Knights last two AFL games .he lasted for about a quarter a year plus apart. youre kidding are't you.He is cooked and was most likely cooked before we got him.He will never kick 30 plus goals a year at afl level again so stop making things up,but a kid on our list may
Funny, hes played 6 games for us and kicked 7 goals. If thats him coming back from injury, then a run of injury free games should see that increase even more. But sure I'm 'making thingd up' by saying hse a 30+ goal a year player. I never said he will kick 30+ goals a year again, im not saying he will return from injury. So please tell me, what am I making up?
All I am saying is if he can get over injuries he would be in our 22.

Hope knights can finish off the season in the VFL, don't play him this year but give him a proper pre season and you just never know.
having known the guy you have to feel for him. Such a genuine nice bloke

i have no idea what you have written, but i have stared at your avatar for the last 5 minutes

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Funny, hes played 6 games for us and kicked 7 goals. If thats him coming back from injury, then a run of injury free games should see that increase even more. But sure I'm 'making thingd up' by saying hse a 30+ goal a year player. I never said he will kick 30+ goals a year again, im not saying he will return from injury. So please tell me, what am I making up?
All I am saying is if he can get over injuries he would be in our 22.
you stated this

Who cares if they are faster or fitter. They aren't 30+ goal a year players like Knights.

Why aren't they 30 plus a year goal kickers?You know do you??
so you want a guy on the list who in his last two afl games has played less than a quarter of footy.the games being over a year and a half apart.
he has only managed to kick over 30 goals once on his career and you're banking on him over any young talent
Welcome back to tiger land Dan Frawley youre investing in a guy who has played 11 games in 4 years.yep you definitely didn't understand what i wrote

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--chris-knights

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I still reckon he could be a gun for us, give him the rest of the year then maybe rookie him?

The first injury was crazy freakish and unlucky, he was just snapping the ball on what looked like loose ground.
The second had nothing to do with 'AFL' either, could have happened in any of the NAB challenge or VFL games before that.

What I'm saying is the poor bloke might have stupidly bad luck, so let's say third time lucky.

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
you stated this

Why aren't they 30 plus a year goal kickers?You know do you??
so you want a guy on the list who in his last two afl games has played less than a quarter of footy.the games being over a year and a half apart.
he has only managed to kick over 30 goals once on his career and you're banking on him over any young talent
Welcome back to tiger land Dan Frawley youre investing in a guy who has played 11 games in 4 years.yep you definitely didn't understand what i wrote

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--chris-knights
Yes. Because none of them are goal kickers even in the VFL. Some players are natural goal kickers, Knights is one of those players.
Yep, thats exactly who I want. If hes playing uninjured then I don't give a s**t about how little footy he has played recently.
Once again yes. But hey, if I am wrong. Where is this natural goal kicking half forward player who is running around the VFL?
Mcbean, Lloyd, Lennon, Mcdonough are our highest goal scorers. Only Lloyd has shown he can kick goals consistency at AFL level, and every seems to hate him.
Knights is a class above those VFL players, and a proven goal kicker. Im sorry that he seemingly destroyed your life, but if fit he is certainly in the 22.
And yes Ive seen the stats. I see his 7.5 in his 6 games for us. And more importantly I see his 2.2 goals a game average before his first injury.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Yes. Because none of them are goal kickers even in the VFL. Some players are natural goal kickers, Knights is one of those players.
Yep, thats exactly who I want. If hes playing uninjured then I don't give a s**t about how little footy he has played recently.
Once again yes. But hey, if I am wrong. Where is this natural goal kicking half forward player who is running around the VFL?
Mcbean, Lloyd, Lennon, Mcdonough are our highest goal scorers. Only Lloyd has shown he can kick goals consistency at AFL level, and every seems to hate him.
Knights is a class above those VFL players, and a proven goal kicker. Im sorry that he seemingly destroyed your life, but if fit he is certainly in the 22.
And yes Ive seen the stats. I see his 7.5 in his 6 games for us. And more importantly I see his 2.2 goals a game average before his first injury.
For starters he hasn't destroyed my life so keep the personal comments to yourself and maintain a professional and mature posting conduct
This is my last post to you bc you're behaviour has subsided to making poor accusations
Now back on topic
You're selling our recruiters and FJ short here as well as our young kids. Imagine if we didn't give KMac Menadue Ellis etc games bc of injured players.
It's called development and sadly Knights had only ever kicked over thirty goals once in AFL football in 11 seasons whether injured or fit. His next best is 10 (FMD ) where he played 22 games. Not much for a young up and comer to beat IMO. I think you better study his footy history stats as really you seem to be exaggerating his performances .I posted you the link so make use of them
7.5 goals in six games over three years gee that's breath taking and I can't wait until he plays his eight game
The idea is to make room in our cap by getting rid of players who are either not up to it or who just cannot stay on the park due to fitness (knights foley and Newman to a lesser extent) and upgrading them with a genuine gun plus a few young kids.
Don't get me wrong I like knights , but the time has come for him at 29 in September plus his s**t injury track record in his 3 seasons with us
Apart from all of the above he has really lost a lot of toe and he's way down in the pecking order. Good to see you're backing him in based on 7 games out of a possible 68 that equates to around $2.5-3 million a year if you can do the maths not taking in his medical bill
The rfc is not that stupid any more. Mark my words this year there will be a clean out
As I said I'd back in a kid before knights as he's only ever reached the 30+ figure once followed by 10 his next best
You're flogging a dead horse here and the club would be insane to put him on the list
I will be happy to discuss this further with you if they happen to to the contrary and he kicks 30+ goals
As I tell people on here I enjoy when I'm proven wrong bc I know the club is doing well or improving

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
For starters he hasn't destroyed my life so keep the personal comments to yourself and maintain a professional and mature posting conduct
This is my last post to you bc you're behaviour has subsided to making poor accusations
Now back on topic
You're selling our recruiters and FJ short here as well as our young kids. Imagine if we didn't give KMac Menadue Ellis etc games bc of injured players.
It's called development and sadly Knights had only ever kicked over thirty goals once in AFL football in 11 seasons whether injured or fit. His next best is 10 (FMD ) where he played 22 games. Not much for a young up and comer to beat IMO. I think you better study his footy history stats as really you seem to be exaggerating his performances .I posted you the link so make use of them
7.5 goals in six games over three years gee that's breath taking and I can't wait until he plays his eight game
The idea is to make room in our cap by getting rid of players who are either not up to it or who just cannot stay on the park due to fitness (knights foley and Newman to a lesser extent) and upgrading them with a genuine gun plus a few young kids.
Don't get me wrong I like knights , but the time has come for him at 29 in September plus his s**t injury track record in his 3 seasons with us
Apart from all of the above he has really lost a lot of toe and he's way down in the pecking order. Good to see you're backing him in based on 7 games out of a possible 68 that equates to around $2.5-3 million a year if you can do the maths not taking in his medical bill
The rfc is not that stupid any more. Mark my words this year there will be a clean out
As I said I'd back in a kid before knights as he's only ever reached the 30+ figure once followed by 10 his next best
You're flogging a dead horse here and the club would be insane to put him on the list
I will be happy to discuss this further with you if they happen to to the contrary and he kicks 30+ goals
As I tell people on here I enjoy when I'm proven wrong bc I know the club is doing well or improving
It was a joke based on how much you seem to blatantly hate him. Take a joke, mate. The mroe you get worked up about this the more it seems you he did destroy your life.
7.5 in 6 games where he had just come back from injury. When he strings games together it would be safe to assume that output would increase. Would it not?
Please, please, please show me anywhere where I said keep him on for next season. Go on. Find something. All I have said is if he gets injury free then play him THIS SEASON. You are the only one bringing up next season, so salary, list spots are completely irrelevant. But go on, keep on arguing against points that no one has made. You are doing a great job.

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
By the way I reckon CEllis Mcbean Short Menadue Madonna could all kick 7.5 in six games over three years with the right development
Ellis is 3.1 in 6 games. McBean is 0.1 in 2 games. Menadue is 1.2 in 5 games. Madonna is 1.1 in 9 games. Shorts kicked 6 goals in 9 VFL games.
Sorry bud, McBean is the only natural goal kicker in that list and hes a tall. Knights output would be far superior to them all.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
It was a joke based on how much you seem to blatantly hate him. Take a joke, mate. The mroe you get worked up about this the more it seems you he did destroy your life.
7.5 in 6 games where he had just come back from injury. When he strings games together it would be safe to assume that output would increase. Would it not?
Please, please, please show me anywhere where I said keep him on for next season. Go on. Find something. All I have said is if he gets injury free then play him THIS SEASON. You are the only one bringing up next season, so salary, list spots are completely irrelevant. But go on, keep on arguing against points that no one has made. You are doing a great job.
mate you need to chill out ffs i'm now lost why you actually bothered arguing the point from the start.you're a common troll.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Ellis is 3.1 in 6 games. McBean is 0.1 in 2 games. Menadue is 1.2 in 5 games. Madonna is 1.1 in 9 games. Shorts kicked 6 goals in 9 VFL games.
Sorry bud, McBean is the only natural goal kicker in that list and hes a tall. Knights output would be far superior to them all.
so you're comparing kids who have played under 10 games to a 10 plus season player.You still have missed my first point.Dan Frawley at best you are.
lmao

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,

no one hates him, he will never play in a tiger premiership some of you need to look at reality, too old too injury prone look at his stats apart from one season, the rest is s**t

Back