Review #15: Chris Knights - Retired and done his knee again :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing his time spent with us was spoiled through injury. He brought great leadership and when he managed to play a few games with us his use of the ball and goal kicking was excellent.

It would be awesome if we could fit him in the team for the finals. A player of his quality in the finals wouldn't hurt at all.

The right decision in the end. Just could not get the body right for AFL. I wish him well for the future.

You could see how absolutely devastated he is in that speech... Bring him in for this match! Please give him one last crack.

P.S. Adelaide have such nice players, happy if we trade with them any time. Ivvy and Knights made our club a much kinder place. Lovely people.
Damn you nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Tambo? Graham?

Jeez I hope Knighta gets another game…or two even. I'd love to see him fit for a final - he'd get in under the radar and do a Stewy Dew with that left foot canon of his.

Damn it, absolutely spewing would of loved for him to stick around, unfortunately for himself his body just didn't handle the riggers of afl footy. So talented and definitely best 22 material when fit. All the best. Few old heads hanging up the boots this year now

Gutted for him, seems like a ripper bloke. Great professional and role model for the younger guys - think he did some coaching with the VFL boys as well?

Maric's best mate too if I'm not mistaken?

Hopefully he can get a few more games and the chance to sing that Yellow and Black goodness with the boys a few times more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really sad, absolutely love the bloke. Met him a few times and he is just a really, really nice person.

One thing i did love about the clip of his speech to the boys was Dimma saying "its not over yet"

SNAP!!!

Sad news Chris. The only consolation is that you gave everything you had to play at this level. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. All the best for your future.

Sad that he never got a real crack at it, was more than handy when his body was right.

Thanks Knighta, only a couple of injuries away from cracking a game in these last 2 rounds & finals.

I love this guy. Such a great player. Never got the chance to show how good he really is.

His 2009 season was fantastic - kicked 43 goals and was a big reason for Adelaide's finals push that season..

Has been injury hit ever since - 5 games in 2010 / 16 in 2011 / 5 in 2012 / 5 in 2013 / 0 in 2014 / - never got his booming kick back either, quite often kicked them from over 60 metres at one stage

I'm glad you guys gave him another shot after his time in Adelaide was over - Would've liked to have seen him get back to where he was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back