Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

This is bad, he's so important to us down back coz he breaks the lines, we look so much faster with him, shame!!

A month.

:(

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2...nth?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Dempsey to miss a month
April 1, 2014 3:25 PM
20140401_dempsey_p.png

Essendon defender Courtenay Dempsey will miss the next three to four weeks of football after scans revealed a minor hamstring strain.

Dempsey suffered the blow late in the final quarter of Saturday’s VFL practice match against Richmond, just his second game back form a calf injury.

Club doctor Bruce Reid said he expected Dempsey to return to full training within the next three weeks.

“The scans have revealed a minor hamstring strain so he will now begin a rehabilitation program,” Reid said.

“We would expect that if Courtenay’s recovery goes to plan he would be back out on the field within the next month.”

Click here to read more about the club's injury news

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2...nth?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Could be worse, but that's quite the blow nonetheless.

With lack of match fitness and his history, you'd think there's no possibility of seeing him in the senior side before about Round 9-10.

Going on our form with injury timeframes, I'd be very very surprised if he plays a game in 4 weeks time, be that the VFL or AFL. I will go with 5-6 weeks 'out', then a few weeks in the VFL, so I don't think we will see him in the AFL side until about round 11 or 12.

Dempsey out until further notice for failing to meet training standards.

http://bombe.rs/1ee31lb

Club Statement said:
Essendon defender Courtenay Dempsey will not be available for senior selection until further notice after failing to meet the standards and expectations set by the playing group and football club.

As a consequence, Courtney will train with the club's VFL side until he consistently meets the professional standards required.

Courtenay is currently undergoing rehabilitation for a hamstring strain and will return to the VFL squad once fully fit.

Senior coach Mark Thompson said it was a tough but necessary course of action.

“Courtenay is a talented player and an important member of our team. We’ll give him the necessary support required to regain the consistent standards we expect of him as a player at this football club,” Thompson said.

“We felt that Courtenay needed to understand that we can’t accept individuals stepping outside of team protocols and requirements.”

“We sat down with Courtenay and discussed the reasons why his training standards had dropped, and as a result we agreed the best way forward for him was to go back and train with the VFL side.”

The club will not be making any further comment on this matter.

Dempsey out until further notice for failing to meet training standards.

http://bombe.rs/1ee31lb
****. It's all gone a bit pear-shaped.

I do know that his two kids live up in Queensland (I think) with their mother, so perhaps that has something to do with it? He's expressed some issues on his Instagram about it...

I do know that his two kids live up in Queensland (I think) with their mother, so perhaps that has something to do with it? He's expressed some issues on his Instagram about it...

I saw that a few days ago, and right away I thought Dempsey's days as a AFL footballer are numbered. I didn't think much of it at the time, and thought I was a over-reacting. Maybe I still am, but I would not be surprised if we did not see him for the rest of the year.

His Instagram has revealed one too many of his personal troubles over time. Never leave your phone unattended!

It's a blow, his run off half back could blow a game open in the current setup.

He clearly has personal issues and I think if going back to VFL training will help him then I hope it works out for him.

This is bad news. Pretty much leaves Hibbo as our only player capable of breaking lines.

I saw his tweets a while ago also and was concerned at the time. Don't know the situation but sounds like he is missing his kids a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the club would come out and say he's being suspended because his training standards aren't upto scratch if he was having family problems... Having said that the club has been saying a lot of strange things out of the ordinary lately..

Hmmm, sad news. Dempsey is an 'x-factor' player that would improve the side immeasurably.

Let's hope it all gets sorted and Dempster can get it back on track for the second half of the season.

I don't think the club would come out and say he's being suspended because his training standards aren't upto scratch if he was having family problems... Having said that the club has been saying a lot of strange things out of the ordinary lately..
They would if they had been through all those stages with him.

Hmmm, sad news. Dempsey is an 'x-factor' player that would improve the side immeasurably.

Let's hope it all gets sorted and Dempster can get it back on track for the second half of the season.
Had to read that one twice.

Hardingham has a great opportunity now to cement a spot...Pears when he gets a chance too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back