Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

####!! It just gets worse doesn't it?

Really hope he gets things sorted. I actually think he's the diff between us being a genuine flag threat & not.

He is a good players and bring something we dont have a lot of but bit of an overreaction IMO to say he is that important.
Not to go over the obvious again and again but a forward line would be nice.

He is a good players and bring something we dont have a lot of but bit of an overreaction IMO to say he is that important.
He's vital in providing that real dash from defence though, without doubt.

I think we've known for a long time that his rehabilitation methods have not been as professional as others. I remember even when he was coming back from his knee there was talk about how Winderlich was doing every possible bit of rehab and Dempsey was just 'letting it heal on its own'. Clearly he's gone past what the coaches are prepared to accept. Sends a good message that the standards of the club are to be followed by all.

Is a quality player and I have no doubt that if he cops this set back on the chin and works hard then he will definitely be back in the team in the second half of the season - I sincerely hope he does. Also it will really sting for him having to sit out the Dreamtime at the G match (if hes even recovered by that time). Something that may light the fire under his belly.

Easily best 22 - probably around top 10 so definitely want him back hope he responds well.

It's obviously less than ideal, but lets just remember last time a player was banished to their reserves side

507448-crows-freo.jpg

Another Essendon Grammer boy?

But seriously, this is a downer whatever the reason. I guess it's lucky Gleeson is doing so well so Courtenay can hopefully sort stuff.

ANd just for you, Doss and your mate Ralph

Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun 3h
Wrote about Dempsey's issues in Feb. Tore hamstring tendon late late '13, never really got fit over the pre-season. Clearly enough is enough

Jon RalphVerified account‏@RalphyHeraldSun
Big 20 minutes of news. Now Dons saying Courtenay Dempsey's training standards are so low he's not available for senior selection.
  1. Details
  2. Andre Kewl ‏@andrekewl 3h
    @RalphyHeraldSun Superfooty nice one more mayo ralph
    Details
  3. Andre Kewl ‏@andrekewl 3h
    @RalphyHeraldSun Superfooty mayo mayo mayooooooooo
  4. Details
  5. Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun 2h
    @andrekewl You are a sad little troll who needs to get a life. That is clearly a forlorn hope.

Its a subjective matter.

I think he's arguably the best rebounder in comp, can defend a player & kicks goals! Very hard to come by in that combination. I think the glass is half full now with our fwd line. Playing a bit smaller & smarter, whilst Carlisle & JD are grooming a partnership slowly but surely.

Can I just say how relieved I am to have not seen the furrow man around Coburg for a while!! What a dickhead getting stuck into footballers about stuff like this.

Anyhow Demps I have deep footy man love for you. Our chip chip chip is waiting for a superstar to get the ball on the fat side and drive a dagger into the hearts of our opponents with a blistering run and kick to Carlisle/JDaniher. I know just the man. You. Get well and we'll see you soon.

PS maybe a few weeks up north would be great for him. Surely there is a doc/gym that is right for him.

I've missed something with this mayo thing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've missed something with this mayo thing...
Rodski delivers.

1. Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun Mar 26
    I hope Goddard is getting all of Essendon's ASA allowance. Up to the media tomorrow. He has done more interviews than Little post-scandal

2. Martin Blake ‏@martinj_blake Mar 26
    @RalphyHeraldSun Every time it's hot, he's the go-to guy

3. Nathan Templeton ‏@nathantemp7 Mar 26
    @martinj_blake: @RalphyHeraldSun Every time it's hot, he's the go-to guy” good performer but more importantly wasn't there during 2012

4. Martin Blake ‏@martinj_blake Mar 26
    @nathantemp7 @RalphyHeraldSun Correct.

5. Justin Rodski ‏@justinrodski Mar 26
    @martinj_blake @nathantemp7 @RalphyHeraldSun has nothing to do with it - today was not about players #please #moremayojon #givemeaspell

7:29 PM - 26 Mar 2014 · Details

o....k...then.

o....k...then.
I think it was a reference from Rodski that the media jazz things up a little too much...adding another layer.

Goddard is a good media performer, seems to enjoy it, but the media build it to something it isn't that BJ is the crisis go to man, adding a little extra kick to the story to sell a few papers...

gotcha

It will be interesting to see what transpires with Dempsey for the remainder of 2014. He is the type of player who could have a ' day out ' and win a Norm Smith medal on GF day.

I really hope Dempsey sorts out his family issues, clears his head and comes back better then ever.
Previous years I would have been worried but getting games into Gleeson I'm happy with.

images

I really hope Dempsey sorts out his family issues, clears his head and comes back better then ever.
Previous years I would have been worried but getting games into Gleeson I'm happy with.

images

Are their family issues lingering? Is that what's causing him to booze up? C'mon son here's an opportunity to make something of yourself, don't waste this gift, speak to Lovett.

If he wants to go home i'll be spewin, on the same token if he does send him home this year, don't bugger around and FFS trade him for more than he's worth!!

A few question regarding Dempsey:
  • Does his family still live in Queensland?
  • Does his wife/kids live in Queensland?
  • Is he still good friends with Jarrod Harbrow?
The reason I ask is because a trade to the Gold Coast could be the best option for both Essendon and Dempsey.

A few question regarding Dempsey:
  • Does his family still live in Queensland?
  • Does his wife/kids live in Queensland?
  • Is he still good friends with Jarrod Harbrow?
The reason I ask is because a trade to the Gold Coast could be the best option for both Essendon and Dempsey.
Done. How about Dempsey and our first and second round pick for O'Meara :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back