Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Done. How about Dempsey and our first and second round pick for O'Meara :)
O'Meara is untouchable.

The Suns have an end of first round draft pick this year from previous concessions. A straight swap seems about right to me.

Im not expecting to see him till after our bye for the AFL side. If hes done a hamstring which is really bugging him he needs a further 3 weeks (4 weeks in total) just to let it rest. Then i think he will most certainly need a really solid patch of training before a VFL game. Then once he looks back in form play him as the starting sub in round 11 against the tigers. Then full games from there with sub off rest and rested games when required.

Good to hear from Bomber today that he's been rocking up to training on time.

has it even been confirmed that that is his issue.

I think we all know courts loves a brew and a night out with his mates, but he's dedicated to his footy and i'm expecting to come back very shortly

Fair enough. I hoping his heart is in staying anyway. He adds an option b to our chip chip play from the back line.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but hasn't he had issues in the past with being far away from his family?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but hasn't he had issues in the past with being far away from his family?
Not that I'm aware of.

From what I can tell, his family lived down here last year, but his daughter started school this year and Demps' wife wanted her educated in QLD.

Not that I'm aware of.

From what I can tell, his family lived down here last year, but his daughter started school this year and Demps' wife wanted her educated in QLD.
Well that probably explains it. His wife probably took his daughter and son back to Queensland and he is on struggle street. If she moved to Brisbane or the Gold Coast then I think it'd be very likely that Courtenay would ask for a trade to a QLD team at the end of the season.

Well that probably explains it. His wife probably took his daughter and son back to Queensland and he is on struggle street. If she moved to Brisbane or the Gold Coast then I think it'd be very likely that Courtenay would ask for a trade to a QLD team at the end of the season.
It's certainly an option, no doubt, but he also has family down here. I wouldn't be surprised if he convinced them all to move back down here instead.

If Demps decides to go home and GC want him they better give something decent in return.

It's certainly an option, no doubt, but he also has family down here. I wouldn't be surprised if he convinced them all to move back down here instead.
No doubt that is an option as well. You have to remember that he'll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of next year so he could just walk for free 12 months later...

If Demps decides to go home and GC want him they better give something decent in return.
I suggested the Gold Coast's end of first round pick. Seems fair to me given Dempsey isn't a world beater and he'll be getting into the second half of his career by the time he gets to another club.

No doubt that is an option as well. You have to remember that he'll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of next year so he could just walk for free 12 months later...

I suggested the Gold Coast's end of first round pick. Seems fair to me given Dempsey isn't a world beater and he'll be getting into the second half of his career by the time he gets to another club.
He's still pretty bloody important to our side. His importance to us is top 10 draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would gladly accept a end of first round draft pick for Dempsey if he decides he wants to head back home.

Would rather one of their young guns who cant get a game.

He's still pretty bloody important to our side. His importance to us is top 10 draft pick.

No one in their right mind would trade a top 10 draft pick for a injury prone player who'll be 27 at the start of next season.

Id take pick 20 for him in 2 years time but i really think this is being over played.

He likes Essendon, he would know we are close to success and that hes gonna be a major part of that if he can stay healthy.

Anyway where has this go home come from in this thread?

Remember hes not getting a game due to injury and not looking after that injury as best he could.

No one in their right mind would trade a top 10 draft pick for a injury prone player who'll be 27 at the start of next season.
Internally that's how important he is to our side

Anyway where has this go home come from in this thread?
Word is that his wife and daughter have moved back to Queensland this year so it is probably just speculation at this point in time. His best friend (Jarrod Harbrow) plays for the Suns and there are several reasons as to why he might want to move back.

If you look on Dempsey's Instagram you'll see quite a few of his recent uploads have been about his kids and he says he is going to miss them. Does anyone know which part of Queensland his wife and daughter (and son?) have moved to? Big distance between south east Queensland (Gold Coast and Brisbane) and northern Queensland (where he is originally from).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back