Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be the man of the moment (along with Paddy amidst contract talks)

Just wanna take this post from fin ice Smuggler in the trade thread.

Dempsey being sub puzzles me? Maybe its another lesson or maybe he's going to be traded, but he's still the only one who runs the lines and takes game on. Stanton is the best 22 player I would trade if a suitable offer came.

I think it has been a bit of a media build up. Dempsey hadn't been in overly great form anyway and despite the contract/trade speculation as an excuse, Dempsey was going to give us more of a supposed impact than a 9th gamer in his first final.

It backfired but not every decision will be the right one. Gleeson struggled, Dempsey has struggled most of the season but his best is too good to leave out of a final.

Has anyone actually thought that the reason the Dempsey sub didn't work was because he couldn't get the football? Don't necessarily blame it on him being the sub and think why when he came on he didn't influence the game. Bomber said he and the coaching staff thought Gleeson deserved to be in the starting team, sure he didn't olay well on the night but had Dempsey been banging the door down with his performances saying pick me pick me?

Personally I thought Dempseys second half of the year was fine, he impoved his tackling and when he had the ball he took the game on, only him and probably colyer tried to run and carry.

sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt but I tell u he should have played opening bounce last week.

The only reasons I could think he was sub is either to be taught another lesson for discipline behind the scenes or the coaching staff were concerned about fade out from the boys and we needed a spark? I looked at the list and we dont have anyone that can change a game within a quarter.

we're too one paced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could of cost us a final win, it was only two goals.

The decision to play him as sub in a final is only slightly behind NLM the ruckman in stupidity. Cannot for the life of me work out who thought playing Dempsey as sub would be a good decision.

Would you prefer to have a proven AFL performer as your sub in a cut throat final or a gift a youngster a game who may barely get a touch in a tense final quarter?

Would you prefer to have a proven AFL performer as your sub in a cut throat final or a gift a youngster a game who may barely get a touch in a tense final quarter?
What???

Id prefer to have a proven AFL player play at least 3 quarters in a tense AFL match and gather 15 disposals and close someone down in defence than a players whos misses a solid 10 week of football/training and coming back in his 2nd or 3rd game to start on the field.

What???

Id prefer to have a proven AFL player play at least 3 quarters in a tense AFL match and gather 15 disposals and close someone down in defence than a players whos misses a solid 10 week of football/training and coming back in his 2nd or 3rd game to start on the field.

And pretty much be a player down in a tense final quarter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back