Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand what is wrong here. He is allowed to have a view (or share someone elses). Oh hang on, his view might very slightly disagree with some people. Nah that's a good enough reason to get rid of him. FFS, jump on board this as a reason to get rid of him. Any outlet you guys have. Maybe he is right. #classy

He's been very poor onfield for years now and is not a team player. This is merely just another nail in his coffin for delisting.

I think the real issue in that tweet is not Dempsey sticking up for his mate - fair enough I can understand that no one would like their friends being booed by thousands of people.

No the real issue is this line: "former player who dominated the ruck while playing for the dons" - at what stage did said domination occur. Ryder played for us for like 10 years and didn't manage a single all australian and probably only had one consistent year which was his final year. Many of the other years he was somewhere around a top 10 ruckman in the comp if not lower, hardly dominant.

As for Dempsey - I can't see why he would be in our plans going forward regardless of what he says. He's an old and inconsistent performer. Play him if it suits us due to who we have available but otherwise he will probably be delisted/moved on via free agency at the end of the season. I can't see Dempsey being one of the senior guys we want to keep to lead the youngsters going forward being not only a fringe player but one who has been regularly criticised for turning up to preseason training in less than ideal condition. That said he has been a good player for us over the journey, at his best was a pretty good HBF'er, his best years were probably under Knights and his gameplan.

It will be interesting come selection time next week because by all accounts he had a very good game in the VFL.
Same - i only take issue with the word 'dominated'

Didn't have a problem with the rest of it.

Booing is s**t. Dempsey saying so is not a big deal.
Anyone having a problem with him saying such or of the belief the club would even raise an eyebrow at the tweet are clueless.
He may or may not be at essendon next year, but either way this is a non event.

Booing is s**t. Dempsey saying so is not a big deal.
Anyone having a problem with him saying such or of the belief the club would even raise an eyebrow at the tweet are clueless.
He may or may not be at essendon next year, but either way this is a non event.
Just seems like an opportunity to kick a man while he's down.

Settle down guys.

It's great that he is responding to everyone on twitter as well.

Re Carlisle - Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 29m29 minutes ago
@Damion23 I hope he stays but I can't force him to stay. I wish I could force him to though

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 36m36 minutes ago
@SavanahFelstead I'll interact with anyone mate no matter what. I'll give a little and take a little as long as it's in the right manner

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 41m41 minutes ago
@thenewred1 @Mickw1807 thanks heaps for all this support. Makes me proud to be a bomber

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 1h1 hour ago
@DeanFonzy yes of course I do. I want to help and bring this great club back to where it belongs. At The TOP!!!

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 57m57 minutes ago
@DeanFonzy thanks mate Just trying to get some consistency in my game this year which has been missing. And it's good the VFL are doing well

On playing forward - Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 2h2 hours ago
@MaguidhirP yeah it's very different not having to worry about an opponent as much lol but it's good to have a little freedom up forward

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 10m10 minutes ago
@Higgsboson23 thanks mate. Love to hurt oppositions with my tackles

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 52s53 seconds ago
@macojet yeah I know mate but it is very hard to not hear the negativity out there. Doesn't help with the confidence.

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 20m20 minutes ago
@Gloves78 @SavanahFelstead it sure would be nice and warm over in the west lol but Melbourne is my home now sorry mate lol

Courtenay Dempsey ‏@Naetum15 50m50 minutes ago
@SavanahFelstead don't forget I'm human and not just a footy player guys. I talk to whoever talks to me with respect. I'll have time 4 any1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much ado about nothing - All dempsey has done is retweeted a common-sense post.

Would have been better to have more than 23,000 at the game.

Booing is childish.

I do like that. Interesting club thinks they can get more out of him in a more attacking role.
I remember last year thompson wanted him to lock down his man in defence first and foremost, so bit of a change on the face of it

It's a fair question Dempsey asks? Where's the respect (for Ryder)?
The answer is - the respect he earnt has gone, gone with his refusing to cooperate with the club's need to get a fair trade for him by being willing to go to more than just one club, gone with his manager's disregard for the club's preparation for a final, gone with his allowing his manager to (falsely?) cite the supplement saga as the reason for him going, gone with his allowing his manager to bargain by threatening the club with a breach of duty of care to get out of his contract.
Respect is earnt, and Paddy earn respect as a player, then lost it with the way he handled his departure.

Seems like a good guy. We should pick him up I reckon...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back