Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

6 shots on goal. Would have been the difference if he could kick straight (story of the season). Don't know if he has any interest in another year and don't know if the club wants him, but he'd be a good guy to have on the list if he's committed for the year and understands that he'll be in and out of the team as we bring the young guys through

Even though he missed quite a few shots, I want him to take those opportunities. Him and Edwards need to be hungry forwards who have confidence they can slot the goal. I don't want another Jetta who never wants to take a shot at the goals.

Mentioned a few weeks ago i would like to see him forward to see what he could offer.
On what he did yesterday i would be happy to give him another year with an option of an extension mid year if he reaches a certain amount of goals
as a small forward.
Along with Edwards he gives the forward line a bit of zip, a certain amount of X factor and both can lead up and mark.

Back in the day quick players with tricks were usually used at impact forwards... then something happened, thrre was a mini revolution and teams began to think across hbf was the most important area of the field, and these guys could be of more benefit driving off hb.

But this just means trying to teach generally free wheeling players the art of defence... Why?

Stuff it, let's go back to old times and play your Dempseys, your Edwards and co as high hf players, where they always should be .

I can never remember Dempsey being played forward of centre and I've always wondered why not. Decision making can be sketchy down back but we need his pace and class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can never remember Dempsey being played forward of centre and I've always wondered why not. Decision making can be sketchy down back but we need his pace and class.

Better sketchy forward of centre than back!

Had some real passion and effort against the Suns, well done Demps!

Pretty sure most of his family has moved down here, including his kids.

Well, I've given him some serious heat this season, and have said on multiple occasions that he should be done. I thought he had lost that creativity he brought to the team in 2012/13.

Thought it was interesting when they swung him forward in the VFL and he had some immediate success, though I was skeptical he could replicate that form in the 1sts.

While he struggled against the Giants, and had an okay quarter against the Crows (like the team I guess) he was easily our most dangerous forward yesterday. He presented well and often, and gave us another dimension up forward like Edwards did when he first came in.

Again, I am a little skeptical that he can replicate this against better teams, but I hope he can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back