Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel there are two unrelated diacussions going on in here.

One is pointing out that Dal is seen to be avoiding contact whenever possible. Which is quite close to the mark.

The other topic is how Dal has been good for us as we needed someone with his skill set. Also very true.

Quite right. There is, and the purpose is very much the former.

Somehow that gets lost in 'but he has also played great games' irrelevance, which is not disputed.

He was brought in to play stacks on in the middle with our plethora of contested hard nuts in the middle.
He is icing and has given us a more polished edge.
People that say he doesnt take enough risks- its his calmness with ball and the simple things that makes his teammates look good.

But when its his turn to go - you just have to go.

well another meeting of the whingers and moaners club
how many times has this discussion been had?
not every player is an Anthony stevens or glen archer
nds has some flaws to his game that is perfectly obvious
why on earth anyone is worrying about how he goes v GWS I cannot fathom
lets see how he goes against the dogs that is where he is supposed to be earning his money

Bastinac is just as bad if not worse. Quite a few soft players in our team.

No doubt. Been critical of Basti (and a few others) for the same reason.

But as a so-called leader and star player who gets plenty of outside possies due to the physical work of inside players, I think it's fair to expect more commitment to going much harder when it's his turn.

No doubt. Been critical of Basti (and a few others) for the same reason.

But as a so-called leader and star player who gets plenty of outside possies due to the physical work of inside players, I think it's fair to expect more commitment to going much harder when it's his turn.
2nd in contested possessions at the club this year. Only 20 less than Cunners (220 to 200). Don't think he's shirked many hardballs to post those sort of numbers , making him equal 27th in the league for that statistic alongside Jaeger O'Meara.

2nd in contested possessions at the club this year. Only 20 less than Cunners (220 to 200). Don't think he's shirked many hardballs to post those sort of numbers , making him equal 27th in the league for that statistic alongside Jaeger O'Meara.

Contested ball doesn't equate to hard ball. You can still win a contested stat without putting your body on the line.

Plus I'm not disputing how much he gets of the ball. We all know he knows how to find it and use his skills to advantage.

I've never seen so many people intentionally or otherwise misread a thread.

Questioning a guy's commitment in a couple of games apparently now means completely denouncing everything he has ever achieved.
Quite extraordinary.

I've never seen so many people intentionally or otherwise misread a thread.

Questioning a guy's commitment in a couple of games apparently now means completely denouncing everything he has ever achieved.

I didn't expect anything different really, hence my comment in the OP.

Some can't see 'the forest for the trees', but all you can do is present the topic the clearest way possible.

I stand by my comments, and like to think NDS comes out on Sunday to work and play hard for us as we head to (likely) finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't expect anything different really, hence my comment in the OP.

Some can't see 'the forest from the trees', but all you can do is present the topic the best way possible.

I stand by my comments, and like to think NDS comes out on Sunday to work and play hard for us as we head to (likely) finals.

The dogs made a mockery of a St Kilda great's retirement last week.

Rest assured he'll be breathing fire this week.

The dogs made a mockery of a St Kilda great's retirement last week.

Rest assured he'll be breathing fire this week.

Indeed they did so one would hope so.

His giggling on radio on Monday night with JB about his rubbish effort doesn't inspire confidence, so lets see.

Dal getting it done when it matters, is all that matters.

A few defensive errors and maybe some body preservation so he could gun it in the finals. Im good with that.

As good as it gets tonight.

good work
they were crappy posts at the time
and now they look sort of stupid

now, where is that bloke who has had Gibbo in the gun for the last 2 years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back