Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

As a saints fan I can tell you that he was never known as a getter of hard balls, but went when he absolutely had too. Probably protecting his body a bit as he reaches 30+. Can't doubt his impact in both finals though.

He still shirks the odd contest but gee wiz he has been good for most of this year, credit where its due:thumbsu:

God I love this guy. My opinion of the St Kilda FC has totally changed because of him. I wish them well and hope some day we can help them out (maybe during our own rebuilding phase) the way they did by letting him come to us.

This is what Saints and North fans will call a Win Win for all, Nicky Dal is doing very well for your team and our Draft pick received was usefal and not to mention that Luke Delaney has been in fine form for us.

Really hope Delaney has a long and successful career with you guys. I always liked and rated him; he just couldn't quite fit into our side.

Doesn't pump his jumper or celebrate with the crowd. Needs to sing the song louder.

Excellent player who has stepped up for all of our best wins. Gun and North person.
If he does this just once, after winning a grand final that is sufficient.

God I love this guy. My opinion of the St Kilda FC has totally changed because of him. I wish them well and hope some day we can help them out (maybe during our own rebuilding phase) the way they did by letting him come to us.

Sorry mate don't agree with that at all.

St Kilda stretched out the FA clearance process to net Delaney on the cheap. Pelchen also held the process back until they were assured of getting a good draft pick as compensation. It was not a neat and tidy process at all.

Essentially the saints traded a player they didn't really want to keep for a 1st round pick and key defender. Pelchen never did us a favour and we owe diddly squat in return.

Sorry mate don't agree with that at all.

St Kilda stretched out the FA clearance process to net Delaney on the cheap. Pelchen also held the process back until they were assured of getting a good draft pick as compensation. It was not a neat and tidy process at all.

Essentially the saints traded a player they didn't really want to keep for a 1st round pick and key defender. Pelchen never did us a favour and we owe diddly squat in return.
Pelchen is a p---k, always has been and always will be but we had identified him and we got him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We made out like bandits in this one.

Delaney is rubbish. Who did they get with their compo pick?
Traded it for longer who is overrated.

Dal has delivered what we hoped he would. We probably don't win either final without him.

Steady.

.....and composed, which seems to rub off on those around him (hello Two Dogs). I'm sure I wasn't the only one happy to see the ball in his hands for kick out duty late in the game.

Adelaide, Essendon, and Geelong. My most notable games that show how damaging he is with his ability to lift the team. When he imposes himself on the game he brings a new dimension of intensity that usually gets lost in our half back towards the midfield. He has been like the missing link.

Not sure why people keep claiming he's still a Saints man and doesn't see himself as a Roo. Has never given any indication of this.
Hell he even had a sly dig at the Duck for calling us the Kangaroos instead of North.

He's not the kind of bloke to go around kissing badges and screaming at the crowd, just not how he goes about it. Quiet achiever that leads by example and targeted words to the group.

His off the ball work is still pathetic.

No doubt though he is highly skilled and clean with the ball. For a team like ours who lacks outside class he is very much welcome and stands out.

He has been helpful, but to be honest I think we would still be playing the Swans this week without him. We have enough talent elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back