Senior 15. Sam Docherty

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it at the time, he just needed to realise he could've run a bit longer and had a proper shot.

That composure will come with experience I suppose.

On a unrelated note I wouldn't mind us playing Docherty on the HFF a bit more.
I think he just didn't realise how much more time he had. Never mind.

Doc can play anywhere really. HF, HB, wing. Hopefully proper mid someday like Simmo used to.

Played another good game last night. He made just as many mistakes as anyone. But if it wasn't for him, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Shows alot of courage

I can't shake this Hodge comparison. I am thinking size, look, poise, desperation, leadership. He battles hard when under siege. Has run so could play midfield.

Some knock his disposal at times but he is always looking to create or save us.

At the very least he will soon be a top 5 player at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't shake this Hodge comparison. I am thinking size, look, poise, desperation, leadership. He battles hard when under siege. Has run so could play midfield.

Some knock his disposal at times but he is always looking to create or save us.

At the very least he will soon be a top 5 player at Carlton.
Don't know if its because he's a carlton fan from way back but love watching him play. Disposal can be off at times but think his skills in getting the ball, defending and running off half back more than make up for it.

Not. Even. Close.

Role Thy, not achievements.

Hodge is a midfielder who predominantly plays across half back, a leader, courageous, desperate.

We dont have to go literal and say 'is Doc as good as Hodge'?

Besides, nothing in his player thread for a year. He's a gun IMO. Let's talk about what he is and what he could be.

Don't know if its because he's a carlton fan from way back but love watching him play. Disposal can be off at times but think his skills in getting the ball, defending and running off half back more than make up for it.

There is that Blues fan aspect. Does seem to respect the jumper.

I have a lot of time for this 22 year old and see the Hodge comparison.

The only thing that surprises me sometimes is for his wayward kicking, as he is generally a very good kick.
Once he cleans that up, he'll be leading our backline.....I think he already is, although Weitering is closing fast :)

He doesn't leave anything out on the park. Time and again he was mismatched against taller opponents, or was caught in 2 on ones. Even in the last quarter he nearly KO'd himself trying to stop another avalanche.
Kicking can be iffy.........but crikey we could do with 2 of him.

Where are the rest of our small defenders???????

I have a lot of time for this 22 year old and see the Hodge comparison.

The only thing that surprises me sometimes is for his wayward kicking, as he is generally a very good kick.
Once he cleans that up, he'll be leading our backline.....I think he already is, although Weitering is closing fast :)

gotta agree about being a leader, he so cool ,calm and collected ...so glad we have Doc and Weitering in our backline for next 10 years

gotta agree about being a leader, he so cool ,calm and collected ...so glad we have Doc and Weitering in our backline for next 10 years

We've talked about Docherty going into the midfield and Weitering possibly going forward eventually, but these two guys will work so well together that it may be hard to seperate them.

If Docherty was to have been trialled through the midfield it may have started through the pre-season, but that didn't come about.
Just feel that Sam will stay a back-man and a damn good one at that.

I don't mind the Luke Hodge thing. Sure he's not as outright good as a Hodge, but not many have Hodge's achievements anyway.

He is however a fairly versatile, hard running, lion hearted guy who has courage and leadership in spades. He'll be an important cog in our team for a long time no doubt about it.

We've talked about Docherty going into the midfield and Weitering possibly going forward eventually, but these two guys will work so well together that it may be hard to seperate them.

If Docherty was to have been trialled through the midfield it may have started through the pre-season, but that didn't come about.
Just feel that Sam will stay a back-man and a damn good one at that.

they both looks like being a gun backman , lock them in there and find next piece of puzzle , wish people would stop trying to turn our good players into ordinary players...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back