Past Dillon Viojo-Rainbow

Remove this Banner Ad

Harker doesn't rubbish players. DVR has plenty of ability but he was real physical, a real goer as a junior. He's had his year of development but he needs to start owning VFL games next year. We have a senior coach with a much better understanding of players roles on the field which will help him a lot I feel.
Need to get some mature players(better ones than Anthony or Wilkinson) in the 2s to make the side competitive so that outside players have a chance to show what they can bring. It has been a massive problem for about 4 years.

Need to get some mature players(better ones than Anthony or Wilkinson) in the 2s to make the side competitive so that outside players have a chance to show what they can bring. It has been a massive problem for about 4 years.
NB depth was terrible last year , was shuffled around a bit, alot of new systems in place 2016 in both teams, 2nd year in system might see him show his best?

How did DVR go today continuing his good form?
Yeah his work rate was pretty good but you could see he was blowing up a bit at times; played right through until deep in the final quarter though.

Here's hoping he's set for a great year personally.

Yeah his work rate was pretty good but you could see he was blowing up a bit at times; played right through until deep in the final quarter though.

Here's hoping he's set for a great year personally.

Sounds like he's made a fair bit of progress from last year which is fantastic.

I saw a very different player on Sunday, compared to the one I watched quite a bit of last year.
This DVR was visible for most of the day and I didn't forget about him at any point in time during, nor had to send out a mental search party for him.
Dillon made good position around the ball and made good position on the outside, also.

The only knock I had on him (and it may be more a knock on the coaching??) is that a good portion of his kicks were 20 mt. ones going backwards.
The ones that went forward were largely gems.

Very happy to see him holding himself like a pro and confident in his own ability.
He's also a very healthy looking specimen with good size for a midfielder. He just presents like a footballer now. Hope that doesn't change.

Does any know how far Rainbow is from playing seniors? This is the year makes it or not.

Does any know how far Rainbow is from playing seniors? This is the year makes it or not.

I'm not even sure he has to make it this year. I was thinking that earlier but his rating has certainly picked up from last year.

Some draftees simply need more than two years to mature into serious players and I now feel DVR will become just that.

I'm not even sure he has to make it this year. I was thinking that earlier but his rating has certainly picked up from last year.

Some draftees simply need more than two years to mature into serious players and I now feel DVR will become just that.[/QUOTE

I like what I see when I watch him live. I think its me wanting to see him in the senior side.

Any back post has largely been taken away from Dillon.
He won't get in front of Byrne or Plowman now.

He has been largely played on a wing but there are still gaps in his game and the VFL isn't a terrible place this year to work on deficiencies.
I don't know what Bolton thinks of him but he couldn't not like aspects of DVR's game. Just needs to get him where he wants him.

Some draftees simply need more than two years to mature into serious players and I now feel DVR will become just that.

Hawks definitely aren't afraid to let their youth simmer in the VFL for a couple of years. Sicily has been a terrific addition to their best 22.

I hope we'll give DVR a couple of games in the seniors late in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good things in coach's wrap, looks like they might be prepared to wait before letting him loose.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-06-27/skittles-takes-step-forward

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow was one of his side’s most impressive performers as the Northern Blues went down by 40 points to Sandringham on the weekend.

Viojo-Rainbow kicked his first batch of three goals as a Blue while collecting 23 disposals in a game where the Zebras proved too good for Northern.
The 20-year-old return to form on the weekend, after rotating in recent weeks between an inside and outside midfield role as well as off half-back.

ViojoRainbowJune27Article_620X370.jpg

My 2 cents. I believe we have a real find here and patience is needed. I see potential for him to be a damaging Winger/forward. should defiantly be a keeper for another year or 2. also im sure another club would trade for skittles so defiantly not delist material.

I think they may trade him if the question was asked?
There obviously a couple of players ahead if him for the same position they must feel , as they aren't giving him a game.

My 2 cents. I believe we have a real find here and patience is needed. I see potential for him to be a damaging Winger/forward. should defiantly be a keeper for another year or 2. also im sure another club would trade for skittles so defiantly not delist material.
Welcome to the forum Michael C. Jordan! :p

In all seriousness, DVR's key concern is his fitness. He might survive another year on the list, but he's got to show a significant step up in his work rate to survive beyond 2017. To his credit, this year has been an improvement, but he still fades in and out of games.

The club's been aware of his back issue since well before the draft, and they took a risk where others would have perhaps waited 10-15 picks. So far it really hasn't paid off.

I suspect if he does not break into a senior game by the end of season, there is every chance he will get de-listed.
That does not mean he may not get re-drafted on rookie list though.
He has 6 weeks to really put a strong case forward.
Hope he makes it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back