Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't he make it? absolute bullshit, what other small forward kicked 50+ goals?
Kieren Jack apparently :rollseyes:

Sent from my Samsung iPhone using Tapatalk 4

Can't begrudge Wingard's selection, that kid is a serious talent. I did enjoy Robbo grilling the selectors for chucking a midfielder in the half forward line at the expense of a small forward though. Still holding out hope for an interchange position for Lindsay.

Wingard deserves a spot but not at the expense of LT. Jack being named at half forward is a joke. You know you're in a room full of sillies when Robbo sounds like the most sane

Sent from my Samsung iPhone using Tapatalk 4

Lt missed the bench - 3 more mids and another backman. Drug cheat Watson is the biggest joke.

But according to Healy, nobody can understand what *jab went through this year.

Poor *jab, he is just a victim. A bit like Cotchin and Mitchell last year.

LT not being named in the All Australian Forward Pocket is an outrage. Not being named at all illustrates the stupidity of this selection committee. But it shouldn't surprise. Just look at them. *******s of the highest order. *en ridiculous.

Well done Scotty 2 Hotty Thompson. Has been a solid full back for the NMFC for a number of years now. His year this year was outstanding.

Well done Scooter! Absolute no-brainer. Hope he wins the B&F.

How many times did Kieran Jack play on a HFF this year? Or Roughead in a forward pocket? Ooops. How did I forget? Jack and Jeremy Cameron are both really good players but they are AFL lovechildren so in they go - one out of position and one was not the best in that position this year - Roughead was. So Lindsay misses out. Played forward pocket all year and kicked over 50 goals. Wingard is a beauty but he didn't play forward pocket did he? Why pick players is positions when they just go and ignore the positions they played in?

Lindsay Thomas should have been in but I'm not surprised he wasn't. The ridicule he still gets for one bad season of goalkicking, the witch-hunt for the Rohan/Reid incidents, and he doesn't help himself with his playing for frees and dumb suspensions. He isn't "liked."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Thommo very well deserved, absolutely outstanding year!

Cant believe they left the best small forward of the year out, bar none. Idiotic. Anyway LT we rate your year as AA quality!

Scott Thompson, now that he has made the team, looks like the type of player that may end his career with 3 or 4 AA selections. Especially if we can play finals the next 5 years.

The 2013 list of best midfielders!! Lindsay Thomas, you won't get a spot in the forward line if you're the best small forward of the year, only midfielders get that. Become a midfielder if you want to be on the AA forward line Lindsay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back